S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
S10 95 extended cab with the 4-3 v6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a set of aftermarket gauges they have pins like the stock ones can I use the stock pens in the cluster to hook up the new gauges

·
Been there Done it
8,383 Posts
Which make and model gauges? What year and model truck? Did the gauges come with or mention purchasing sending units in the instructions?
As a rule no that doesn't work, but there might be exceptions. Especially if they are high end replacement complete clusters.

·
Registered
S10 95 extended cab with the 4-3 v6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the year truck is a 95 and the gauges or not a high-end gauge got them off of Amazon all right off the top of my headache by forget the make of the gauges but I was just wondering cuz I was told that you could do that thank you for your feedback I appreciate it

·
Registered
238 Posts
As Oldeerrslayer said they probably won't be plug and play unless ordered for a specific use. Not to say you can't make them work.

IMG_5682.JPG

·
Been there Done it
8,383 Posts
Who knows with Amazon gauges? They are starting to develop a bad reputation for substituting clones for the parts advertised. A lot of the reviews lately are saying things like "Supposed to be Genuine GM, but came in a plain rice paper box with no number on the box or the part and the holes didn't quite line up. Broke in less than a week."
The the next guy will say his was a real GM part from the same seller.
Basically you don't know what you will actually be receiving.
Their prices are creeping up also. I just avoid Amazon.
The richest man in the world doesn't need my pennies to pay for his space ships.

·
Early Member
3,116 Posts
Might look into BlackCatCustom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts