S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys heres the thing i have a friend that just put together a a 2.2 for his s10 garret turbo, eagle rods ,je pistons, headwork, new intake manifold... i have been around the honda game for a while and we have aftermarket computers such as hondata and aem what is there in the s10 world to use with this motor? any advise would help

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on guys how hard of a question is this ? am i on a performance oriented site or am i on a looks site?

·
I'm on a boat!
1,522 Posts
First off, I'd tell ya not to get ignorant with these guys cuz a lot of them know their stuff.

Secondly, spend the money and have Mach burn you a chip to match the motor you're runnin.

Thats about all i know, and I'm drunk right now, so I hope that helped.

·
Registered Stepsider!!!!!
569 Posts
ASE can reburn your computer, cost around $300, or you can get a JET Chip, Mach Performance can reburn it, I don't think you can get an aftermarket computer for it.

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
Your best bet is probably the tec lll from electromotive.Their system uses all gm sensors so you could save some money there and it will be alot easier to install ,get up and running,and trouble shoot .Also the tec lll is a distributorless system,so that makes things alot easier since the 2.2's are distributorless.

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
awefully hasty asking a fairly important question, being impatient while only waiting TWO HOURS AND 13 MINUTES!!! iw oudl go with the tec III

·
Registered
173 Posts
yeah the tecIII is insane. i know a guy who is running one on his turbo saturn. stock the engine makes 117hp to the wheels and he is running a turbo kit @ 5psi and the tecIII now he makes 234hp at the wheels, on stock internals. that seems more insane when you see his original #'s from just the trubo no tecIII which was only 194hp

it is simply the best computer control module you can buy. but the only downside is they cost around $1800

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Yeah I would go with the mach reburn, not as good as a standalone, but its much cheaper.

Caleb

·
Registered
300 Posts
a jet chip would be a complete waste of time, im not familar with the mach reburn but they have good products, if i were you i would go with an ase, they put a new chip in your ecu and program it to your engine, if your good with electronics look up megasquirt, its a build it yourself standalone system, can get all the parts for a few hundred, they have alot of documentation and explain very well how to use it, for the money its a very good system but it will only be as good as you can make it

·
Registered Abuser
2,375 Posts
:idea: I would return back to the RICER forums and ask them....Maybe they can tell you in less than 2 hours:ahole:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry pal i am far from a ricer the honda was completly stock on the outside. While being stock on the outside it was making 230 at the wheels. But anyways i just sold the honda and i am in the process of either buying a s10 and putting a v8 in it or a 55 chevy...

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
gerst240 said:
come on guys how hard of a question is this ? am i on a performance oriented site or am i on a looks site?
Come on bro,your gonna jump on the website with a attitude and not expect flak from it?Some of these guys own or have owned imports as well.If your gonna come on acting like a genius,then why aren't you smart enough to find your own answers einstein.These people will be glad to help you if change your attitude.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
wow.i see alot of hostility here still.why does everyone have to be sooo quick to be lippy.relax and most of the time youll get all the info the person answering has.ne wayz ase and superchips and mach are not computer systems.all they do is re burn the stock computer flash to adjust to run with a certian program.the kind of system he would need is standalone like a couple mentioned.this is the key way to tune a vehicle in any condition.you see when you do a reburn your comp is still set to run only a certian a/f ratio and time.with a stand alone most of the time you can adjust for every changing condition like for instance more boost with out maxing out your what the computer thinks are its limits.there is also a company out there called ls1-edit.but for the most part haltech or tec lll would probably be the nest and safest route but certianly not the cheapest.

·
Fastest 2.2 liter
566 Posts
A good friend of mine is using a Motec M4 on his 1999 Cavalier with the 2.4 liter motor. He seems to be having good luck with it. It is a little bit more expensive than the other computers like the TEC 3, F.A.S.T., Haltec etc. But the Motec seems to be able to do more than any of those other standalones. Bone stock, that 2.4 liter should put around 125 at the wheels. He is running 360hp/350tq at the wheels running 20psi. The Motec M4 uses all stock sensors. $1500 for ECU, about $500 for wiring harness, and around $200 for the sensors.

Anymore questions about it, and I will try to answer them.

·
Registered
300 Posts
ya there is alot of hostility on this sight, i am on some toyota boards (i am big into late 80s early 90s sleeper camrys, pretty light, pretty cheap and theres a nice base of info) and ya people are wayyyy nicer to noobs there, theres fast and furious fags come on there all the time askin about NAWWSSSSSSSSSSSS and most people just ignore them, try doing the same it makes it much more enjoyable for everybody

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for some real replies...im sorry i came off as a dick but its hard to tell if you are at a tech oriented site like you said there are way too many fast and furious morons out there that have no clue how to wrench and all they want is nawssss

1 - 20 of 23 Posts