S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a after market Security deal on my 98 S-10. It has my truck shut down. It has a grey box under dash with a plug in chip type key.. I cant find any info on it.. How do I disable or bypass... Help!!!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
The day before I traded in my last vehicle, the old Viper alarm did the same thing. I just unplugged the box and it started right up. Not sure if that'll work for you, but it might be worth a shot.

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I worked at a Chevy dealer; we got a lot of these in (especially when the butchers at most "car audio" shops install them"). I know it may be an expense; but a dealer is usually the best place to purge a vehicle of all that aftermarket crap. They can do it pretty quickly.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Theyre usually just an ignition or starter kill... Follow the wiring, it should lead to your main ignition harness by the key cylinder. There will be heavy gauge wires... Look for a heavy gauge pink or yelow wire that has been cut and connected into. If it is pink - thats ignition, if it is yellow - that is starter. Disconnect what they have going on and reconnect the two ends that were cut.

All those chip things are is like an inline electronic switch. When the ignition or starter wire is cut, there is a relay that electronically reconnects it when it is given the signal to do so by remote, chip, key, etc).

Hope this helps,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts