S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I’ve been a member for a long time here, just not much of a poster. I found a bagged Silverado on Craigslist for sale and took some pics when I looked at it. The truck is a 2000 with the 4.3V6 and has 90k on it. The guy is asking $5000. My biggest concern is the wiring under the hood from moving over the fuse box when the inner fenders were removed. What do you think? Thanks!

·
Kurrupted Kreations
3,837 Posts
i dnt like that they didnt put teh cover backk on teh fuses. And teh compressor is mounted sideways : (

·
Don't look at my car
8,351 Posts
My opinion is don't buy it. It probably looks cool but some douche ****o did the work on it so it'll either get you into an accident or just not work for you.

·
A work of art in progress
200 Posts
I would pass if it were me.

If the owner can't even take the time to clean the damn thing whats that say about how it was taken care of?

I would pass as soon as i opened the hood and see that mess of a engine and fuse box.

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
Looks like a parallel 6 link with a panhard bad. Decent rear suspension setup. Looks like a decent truck, but engine bay could use some love and could also use a good run through / maintanence on the air ride along with a new air management wire job. I don't think the truck is junk, BUT be prepared to work on it to get it 100% reliable. I think it is worth $5,000 all day as long as you know what you are working on.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
bungee chords holding accessories in, in the engine bay. makes me wonder how the quality of the rest of the truck is..

·
S-less
806 Posts
The engine bay needs alot of work. The overflow is being held up by what looks to be a baloon that clowns use, the battery is being held up by a bungie cord, and the fuse box is pinched in between the engine and the brake ass which is also being held up by a bungie. The rest of the truck looks ok though from what I can see.

·
the village idiot
256 Posts
i had a v6 5speed fullsize it honestly wasn't bad, and for 5 grand i would buy that truck

·
Pewter member
2,513 Posts
your call.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just remember 5 grand can become 7-10 pretty quick, I'm not a fan of the paint, but its your call and looks better than what I decided to rebuild

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
looks like your average joe install on the suspension, nothing special but nothing hacked. needs a little love but its hard to buy a vehicle that doesnt. I def think its worth 5g if you know you have the time and ability to finish where the previous owner failed to.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts