S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

im looking to get some more power out of my truck, its a 93' 2dr blazer with the 4.3L vortec motor. im looking for an exaust that will give me more power and make the truck sound better also (like a low pitch sound). i dont have alot to spend though, so anything around like $200-250?

scott

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
i heard flow masters are a little weak in the performance area. i would go magnaflow or borla fo sho. get 2.5 in/ 2.5 out or 2.5 in/ dual 2.25 out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok

now im pretty sure my cat is shot (smells like rotten eggs when i really nail the gas when there is a few peopple in the car with me). so is there a hi-flow cat, and also a hi-flow muffler i can get also which woud help? also around how much would the magnaflow single exaust, and a hiflow cat and muffler cost in total (around)

sorry if these are noobie questions.. its b/c i am one lol

scott

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
umm

dagreenmonster said:
go with a flowmaster 40 series with a turndown b4 the rear axle. i got a 2.2 and it sounds bad ass, id assume that a 4.3 will only sound that much meaner

im guessing a "turn down" is just the exaust just well turing down, but what exactly would that do to help?

scott

·
Statutory Ape
1,632 Posts
it just makes the sound resonate (i dont know if thats the right word but it sounds good...) off the ground and back up to the truck so its louder (I THINK)

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
in a regular exhaust system the length of the piping resonates the sound becuase it has begun to cool. or something

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
Re: ok

gottagofast247 said:
now im pretty sure my cat is shot (smells like rotten eggs when i really nail the gas when there is a few peopple in the car with me). so is there a hi-flow cat, and also a hi-flow muffler i can get also which woud help? also around how much would the magnaflow single exaust, and a hiflow cat and muffler cost in total (around)

sorry if these are noobie questions.. its b/c i am one lol

scott
yup thats your cat. a hi flow cat wont help becuase the 4.3s are setup with the best cat it can handle unless you do soem major mods a hi flow cant aint needed.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok,

so i should just get a replacment cat, and a catback exaust system then? would a hi-flow muffler help at all or no?

thanks,
scott

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

i looked on their website and went under "systems"

theres the ultra hi-flow stainless for like $170ish and a welded hiflow for $150ish, the ony difference is the metal rite? and by system im guessing its everything i need from the cat, to the back? then theres th turbo systems i dont know whats better??

the only thing im worried about is that it says its for a 4dr, and i have a 2dr??

sorry if these are stupid questions, but im new to all this stuff, im really into speedboats and now that i got a truck i want it to look and sound nice (not to mention have plenty of power) to pull my boat around:)

i really appreciate all the advice givin here!

thanks
scott

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,229 Posts
dagreenmonster said:
go with a flowmaster 40 series with a turndown b4 the rear axle. i got a 2.2 and it sounds bad ass, id assume that a 4.3 will only sound that much meaner
I would not recommend turn downs on a Blazer. Turndowns under an interior space is not a good idea..carbon monoxide..take the pipe(s) all the way past the axel and turn out . If you take it to the rear bumper be aware that if you drive with the back glass open you will draw exhaust into the vehicle...past experience..:mad:

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
if you get the 4 dr itll be too big and you mite have to do some of the custom work yourself. a hi flow muffler would be great but remember to keep in under 2.5". i would recommend either a borla or magnaflow exhaust. 2.5" in/ dual 2.25" outs or 2.5" in/2.5 out. turbo systems sound a little worse then other mufflers but offer better performance. cat back systems work great too just remember dont go too big or too small but its better to go too small for performance and too big for sound. alos put a big ass tip on it to make it sound sweet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts