S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, I did search. I found 99% of the answer I need.
I know I need the power steering pump, pump brackets, lines, gear box, and a longer serp belt. I understand it is a

My question is - I have the 2.5l 4cyl. I can grab everything I need from a 93 blazer that is wrecked, but it is a 4.3. Are the parts between the 2.5 and the 4.3 interchangable? Is there something I need to be aware of to salvage from the 4.3 that I would need in addition to the what I listed above.

If this has been asked before, my apologies. I DID search and I didn't find an answer to this specific question.

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
The gear box will swap out

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
you need a 2.5L for the engine mounted parts

4.3L is a totally diffeent design engine accessories

wont work

the steering box yes will work from 1980 to at least late 90s. if it has the same o-ring type hose fittings, and not flared like in 1979 older

car boxes in the 80s fit and are same as the s-10 2wd excpet or a few that have a larger pitman arm shaft diameter such as some of the 82 83 84 trans ams and Z28s

i have an 83 firebird box on my 91 s10 they are totally identical

87 older full size trucks are the oddball ones and are mounted on outside of frame rail, unlike the cars and s10 trucks

88-up full size trucks moved to inside of rail but still wont work on cars or s10

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
excellent - thank you!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts