S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
NVRDUN Always broke
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, well ive got 2 12" subs right now and for some reason it just isnt enough. In my previous car i had 2 10" subs and was thinking of adding these to the mix. I was chattin it up in the DM whore thread and one member suggested adding them for mid bass. I was wondering, can i do this by adding another amp and basically hooking them up like i would speakers? Ive also been told this wont work, 2 differnet sizes and 2 different brands. I just wanna use whats sitting in the basement collecting dust. They are good subs and just havnt been used in close to a year.

thanks
Nate

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey guys, well ive got 2 12" subs right now and for some reason it just isnt enough. In my previous car i had 2 10" subs and was thinking of adding these to the mix. I was chattin it up in the DM whore thread and one member suggested adding them for mid bass. I was wondering, can i do this by adding another amp and basically hooking them up like i would speakers? Ive also been told this wont work, 2 differnet sizes and 2 different brands. I just wanna use whats sitting in the basement collecting dust. They are good subs and just havnt been used in close to a year.

thanks
Nate
10" subwoofers for midbass? :tdownnooo..
Physically you could but don't looks ghetto and ridiculous besides the cancellation argument.
Sell both pairs on cl and get yourself some better stuff. or you have the box ported to specs

·
NVRDUN Always broke
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 10" mtx thunders i got in a box for 80 bucks... adn 2 12" JL w1's in a box i got for free from my cousin? i think ill keep them? like they hit hard.. but i would like more.

·
Registered
443 Posts
2 10" mtx thunders i got in a box for 80 bucks... adn 2 12" JL w1's in a box i got for free from my cousin? i think ill keep them? like they hit hard.. but i would like more.
Well just trying to help out the costs. what kind of amp/ box do you have the w1s in

·
NVRDUN Always broke
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just hooked my rockford to it.. only thing i had.. the box.. not sure i think custom that he made for them

·
Registered
2,685 Posts

·
My mirror hates my sub
9,463 Posts
ok firstgenon24s... if you think he is wrong then PROVE TO ME WHAT IS WRONG iN THE INFO BELOW!!!!

Physically you could but don't looks ghetto and ridiculous besides the cancellation argument.

If a 10" sub is run as a MIDBASS driver there will be cancellation with the 12s

·
NVRDUN Always broke
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright guys, so for more bass, bigger amp? its asmall amp like a punch 150 or 250.. iunno,, the faceplate fell off a while ago

·
NVRDUN Always broke
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its a P200-2 or P300-2 i dont quite remember

·
Registered
443 Posts
How am i wrong i said not to do it? im saying for him to port the box to specs and get the right amp since im assuming he wants to use what he has

·
My mirror hates my sub
9,463 Posts
setup correctly( alot of people get this wrong) a 10" midbass driver will never even be in the same frequency range as the sub so cancellation will never happen. nothing wrong with it, but the box won't be right for it and i guarantee the subs won't like it

·
Mr. SQ
2,302 Posts
Sell both pairs on cl and get yourself some better stuff. or you have the box ported to specs

yeah youre right, this looks ghetto and rediculous doesnt it :rolleyes: how the hell is a midbass driver going to cancell out any sub bass? they are 2 completely different frequency ranges.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ok i got 1 thing wrong because i miss read the last piece of info? so everything i said is wrong?

·
Registered
443 Posts

yeah youre right, this looks ghetto and rediculous doesnt it :rolleyes: how the hell is a midbass driver going to cancell out any sub bass? they are 2 completely different frequency ranges.
Thats a midbass driver not a subwoofer each is designed to play at different frequencies yes i understand and i miss read like he would use them as additional subs

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm thinking this guy wants to toss on another amp and stack the boxes and call it a day that is ghetto and ive seen it done

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
1) build or have built a better box for the subs you currently are running. they are decent quality subs for the money. about 75% of the sound of the subwoofers is directly related to the box. bad box equals poor performance. it's worth spending a little money to get it done right.

2) get an amp rated to push both subs at their RMS wattage. buy a quality amp too: it really does make a difference.

3) don't attempt to use subwoofers as midbass drivers. it doesn't work.

4) don't mix subwoofers. it's hard to do properly and it takes some serious processing and know-how.

5) that's all for now

·
Mr. SQ
2,302 Posts
1)
3) don't attempt to use subwoofers as midbass drivers. it doesn't work.
the 10" subs in my pic earlier at being played up to 450hz and do a beautiful job doing. However i did lots of research before attempting to do this and bought these subs specifically for the job. Not all subs can be played at higher frequencies.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.