S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people

Im wondering if any of you know whats involved in adding A/C to a 86 S10.

It is a 2.5L, no power steering.

I've seen kits online but there expensive

·
Registered
205 Posts
Get the factory parts from a wrecked S10. I know a guy that had a whole setup for your truck for I think 250 or so. Brackets and all. He is on the list. His username is Pixelmonkey. Tell him Proflo'd told you about it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a lot invloded in actually adding the stuff to the truck?

·
Registered
205 Posts
It's work but if you REALLY want AC I would say it is worth it. If you already have the vents in your dash it will be a breeze. If you have a truck like the Wildside and it has no vents in the dash, you can either have the AC come out the floor and defrost or replace the dash and all the ductwork.

Other than the dash thing it is a breeze.

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
i'm gonna get to this point some day. i got another dash mainly for this reason. while it is out i'm gonna customize. i've already stripped it and i'm cutting the top back for some fiberglass work. i want to cover the bottom in suede. i got the dash and most of the AC plumbing for $75. i thought it was a decent deal.

Attachments

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
would you be able to draw a rendering for me so i could start my proposals for sponsors??????? give me a price bro......well talk business

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
low_huh? said:
would you be able to draw a rendering for me so i could start my proposals for sponsors??????? give me a price bro......well talk business
i can work something out for you. pm me. later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts