S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If choosing between the 2 brands for front suspension components, would you choose ACDelco Professional or Moog R-Series for a vehicle that may be a daily driver for another 5 years? Focused mostly on all 4 – control arms on my 2002 RWD S10 (Z83), though I am considering replacing almost everything but the shocks and springs.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
797 Posts
Moog- the pro parts arn't much different from OEM

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
797 Posts
look at parts side by side- oem is $ ok , ac pro is a $$ little better, but Moog $$ is much or more at the same $$- and have actually found a few ac pro to be worse than oem.

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
261 Posts
Moog CK/K series problem solver is their top of the line. Even if going with the lower series I believe I would still go with the Moog brand.

·
time to get cereal
2,251 Posts
I would make sure whatever control arms you buy are made with the same thickness metal as stock, some are thinner.

Also, the springs like to break about 6" from the end in the lower control arm.

Make sure you put the alignment shims in the same way they came out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My initial decision to pursue front suspension service was based on a cursory inspection; mileage; and knowledge of what I have previously replaced. Frankly, I it was a bit rash. With the difficulty in acquiring good parts, I re-evaluated; being much more thorough. The visible portion of the bushings are definitely showing deterioration, but I can get more use out of them. I cannot detect any significant play. The only linkage showing any appreciable slop is the right, lower ball joint, and it is far, far from terrible. I have decided to delay any front suspension work. However, I am still spending a little time looking at control arm acquisition as I am still considering purchasing a 2nd S10/Sonoma, and it would be nice to have an extra set of control arms ready to install when needed.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I make the assumption that name brand replacement parts are made to company specifications not left up to the discretion of a subcontractor.

·
LS3 Cruisin'
1,723 Posts
Generally with this stuff, the brand name are at least as good or maybe slightly better than the OEM was, and the non brand name ebay stuff, is inferior white metal cast crap that is unsafe and if not for capitalism wouldn't be allowed to be sold.

But going with basically any Moog product, bottom or top or w/e range, you'll be fine. I like Moog, I use Moog. I like and use AC Delco too though so...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts