S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to plumb an accumulator for a friend. He was told he needs 2 accumulators for FBSS. But how do you plumb that? Everyone says you need to put it between the valve's and the cylinders, but if you did that with only 2 accumulators, the 2 cylinders would always be at the same PSI.. right? Please.. correct me if im wrong. Enlighten me! lol.. thanks guys.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Each accumulator is split down the middle, so one accumulator can be used for two cylinders, hence, you only need two for the whole vehicle.

Just get a tee fitting, and put it on each port on the accumulator, and just run your line from the valve to the accumulator, then from the accumulator out to the cylinder.

·
thats my boy with the box
549 Posts
SlammedDime said:
Each accumulator is split down the middle, so one accumulator can be used for two cylinders, hence, you only need two for the whole vehicle.

Just get a tee fitting, and put it on each port on the accumulator, and just run your line from the valve to the accumulator, then from the accumulator out to the cylinder.
for a f,b, set up that will work but he will need 2 for a f,b,s,s,

·
MichiganMetalWorks.com
2,531 Posts
it depends on what accumulators you have, the ones i purchases from CCE you need one per Dump you use. So if you have a 4 dump setup, you need 4 accumulators, if you use a 2 dump setup you need 2 accumulators, and so on.

Now air accumulators are different, they are split down the middle, and you can use two for a FBSS setup.

the ones for juice are different, and i think that is what you are talking about correct, i am going to assume that since you said cylinders above, but you also said valves, sooooooooo, who knows what the fuk you are talkin about, so clear this up.

taylor

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I think he means air... only by sayin PSI, and I don't think I've ever heard dros refered to in PSI, tho I may be wrong, cuz I'm not really into that whole scene

·
MichiganMetalWorks.com
2,531 Posts
hydraulics pressure is usualy expressed in in PSI.

but either way, with hydraulics you need 4 accumulators for FBSS, for air you only need two.

taylor

·
Registered
57 Posts
if hes only going to use two im guessing he probably has a 2 pump kit...1 to the front and 1 to the back...if this is the case you should install them after the check valves before the two dumps in case he has 2 dumps per pump...your probably going to have to bump the pressure up on the accumulators to compensate for their only being two

1 - 12 of 12 Posts