S-10 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some help... Have everything in and ready to go except I can't get my power steering setup finished. Found a neat ps bracket and pump from a mid eighties van tonite that bolts to the block (no accessory holes in the 66 double hump heads I am using) dragged it home and I thought I was away to the races - only to find that it doesn't fit because it hits the steering box big time!!
Anyone have past experience as to what pump and braket setup to use - the original 2.2 deal is just too oddball to try and make fit and I'm at a loss to figure what could be my next donor option... I have seen lots of exceptional engine compartment photos that show neat setups - any advice as to what year / model sbc car I should be trying to chase down??
I am using v belt pulleys for everything because of space considerations - Is this a second generation problem or are all the steering boxes mounted the same? If so, many of you must have run into this as well and I would love to hear what deal you used to fix it.... Thanks for any and all replies and help!! Kevin

1 - 1 of 1 Posts