S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im posting this here because i got no response in electrical forum.

is there anything i can do to stop my accessories (ie. radio) from staying on after i turn my truck off? it turns off when i open the door but i would like it to turn off when i turn the key to off.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
:stupid:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont get me wrong i like this feature, but i just got a viper 790vx alarm and it has remote start, w/ timed starting throughout the day, so if it starts, it turns the radio on, and after the truck turns off the radio will stay on for about 20 minutes and i rather it not stay on.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i found out better way to do it. if anyone's wondering, just pull the R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power) fuse out under the hood.

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
timed starting throughout the day, WTF is that? and if its turning on, its charging the battery, so i'm pretty sure its not hurting anything (to have the radio on).

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the viper responder alarm owns you and it can do that....

its for like extremely cold temperatures to keep your engine a little warm so you dont have to worry about it not starting. its not nearly that cold here and i wont set it to do that but i just dont want my radio to stay on after the trucks off.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
sweet..i wanned one of those viper alarm remote start kiss my ass sorta alarms..but the stupid guy told me dat dey aint gotta hook up the remote start cuz i have a manual truck..
bastards..
oh wellz..

·
Registered
806 Posts
Pulling the RAP fuse out is the ghetto way of doing it. Buy yourself a relay and harness and follow.........

#30 - to the negative door trigger from the brain
#85 - blue wire from the brain
#86 - 12 Volts (FUSE IT!)
#87a - door trigger in the truck

This is off the top of my head....im pretty sure this is how it goes, I havnt done one in awhile.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
It stays on for 20 minutes? WTF is up with that... my moms 02 Grand Prix stays on only for 1 minute... Chevrolet fugged up here

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
my stuff shuts off when I pull the key... I dont know why youd want your stuff to stay on anyways...

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
93ex said:
my stuff shuts off when I pull the key... I dont know why youd want your stuff to stay on anyways...
Its a feature, so if you do turn the car off, you dont have to turn the acc's on and waste more battery to listen to the radio.

Ya, it can be an inconvenience but hey......you're dealing with GM here.......:p

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
blacksls00 said:
Its a feature, so if you do turn the car off, you dont have to turn the acc's on and waste more battery to listen to the radio.

Ya, it can be an inconvenience but hey......you're dealing with GM here.......:p
I just turn the key towards me one more click..the radio and the compass come on lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts