S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been having problems on my 2000 2.2l 5 speed, it acts like its flooded sometimes, if ya step on it ya get no power, let off of it it goes at idle speed. it doesn't do it all the time. happened twice today, and both times it got itself back to speed. im getting ready to do new plugs soon, but havent done it yet. any ideas whats causing the problem?

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
well this cna be caused by about 50 different things

i would start with a tune up

if parts such as wires cap rotor plugs filters ec havhe not been replaced within the past year then do that

remove and clean IAC valve in the throttle unit real quick with carb cleaner and the hole in the unit too.

check for strong vacuum at pcv valve at idle speed

if not strong then something is wrong

make sure no vacuum hoses cracked leaking vacuum, or collapsed

check fuel pressure regulator hose, pull it off make sure no raw fuel in the hose, it is mounted on fuel injector rail, if there is raw gas in the hose then the reg. is ruptured, replace it yours may not have a regulator here though, some years models didnt have it here.

check all ground wires on engine and battery cables too, need to be clean dry and tight, one of them not being good can cause running problems especially if it is an ECM ground, in which there are attached to the engine

there are alot of things to check replace clean etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts