S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
My family has recently purchased a 96 and 97 S-10 Blazer, and a 97 Jimmy. I've noticed that both the 97 Blazer and 97 Jimmy accelerate faster than the 96 (all have the same engine size--4.3, and rear--3.42). I had assumed that there was a problem with our particular 96, so I test drove several other 96's and 97's (all w/ 3.42) at the Chevy dealer and came to the same conclusion--the 97's seem to be faster.

Has anyone else found this to be true?

Can anyone tell me what improvements were made to the 97's to give them a little more 'punch.'

Thanks,
Joe.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
car makers make changes every year just hardly mention them unless they are big ones, and mileage can play a big role in that also, and the fact that all engines run differently.. my mom has a 92 s10 blazer 308rear with a 4.3 only thing it has is a hyper tech chip and it would stomp a stock 01 s10 with a v6

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
There is a difference in the programs of the OBD2's. And also check the tire sizes, even tought they both use a 3:42 some use 205 while the others use 235. This can make a big difference in overall speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts