S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a 1991 S10 4.3L and recently replaced AC compressor, accumulator, and accumulator switch. AC worked great for a year but both AC and heat went out completely a couple of months ago. Heard hissing from the dash, so I pulled the control panel and found a broken clip on the vacuum connector. I put in a new control panel that I got from eBay, thinking I had found my problem. Now AC compressor will kick on (it wouldn’t before) but nothing blows from any of the vents. Did I get a bad control panel from eBay, or is this something else like blower motor or blend door actuator? I checked the vacuum lines that go to the actuator and they have vacuum when ac or heat is switched on.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's your blower.
Cause could the blower switch / resistor or the connector to it. Pull the heater/AC control panel and inspect.
If ok, the blower motor power wire could have got knocked loose when you were working on the AC. It's connected to the motor case, located on the firewall under the hood.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Recheck your work and all connectors. Verify power to blow mtr with test light. Trace back as necessary. Service manual will be very helpful .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts