S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im ditching the compressor along with all the other stock AC components. Do I need an idler pulley in its place or can I just get away with a shorter belt? And is there one of those belt tensioner pulleys at the top of the engine on a '99 4.3? Im using the accessories off my '95 tbi engine (minus the alternator) on the '99 engine and I got to find out how to make it work. thanks

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
i am guessing idler pulley.... because of the routing- but not sure.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
yeah, there's a "delete box" you can get for it. and my 1995 had the tensioner wheel in the same place as my 1994, so im assuming its in the new place for newer models. how much hp you looking to pick up by taking out the AC?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where can I get this 'delete box'? I know someone has done this before, I'd like to know for sure what I need to do to make it work. Im not looking to pick a lot of hp, just gettin rid of some clutter and extra weight. Plus it doesn't work right so might as well lose it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Junk yards are good place to find a NON AC one and take the delete cover and pulley off of. Seen a few around the yards crashed 96+. I got the one for my Old Noma off one for $150. The idler pulley sits just under and to the left of the A/C pulley on the same bracket!

·
Registered
1 Posts
if you dont want to use your ac go to the auto store and tell them what you want to do there is a belt that will do it because that is how mine is it is very easy to do and it does make it faster it only takes about 10 minutes have fun man!!!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey so you didnt have to use an idler pulley? Can you explain how the belt routing is? I cant picture it because the engine is in pieces right now. Did you still use the ac brackets? thanks

·
Registered
726 Posts
if your using your 95 engine accessories then you will need to use a 95 style belt and routing setup
I dont know if 95 and back used an ac delete pulley but I KNOW for a fact that 96-up will need one because I have one just sitting around just in case my ac decides to officially take a crap on me I am getting rid of it completely

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where did you get your delete pulley from? Would you want to sell it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts