S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody out there run ac on thir v8 ride and if so what setup are you using rad fans mounts and setback of engine also where is the rad placed and ac condensor thx for the help:D

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
I have stock a/c hookup on my truck still. The HVAC box had to be cut to accomidate the valve cover, I also modified the core support to move the condenser and radiator further forward in the core support. I also used flex-a-lite 210 fans. The fans ended up being about 1/4 inch from the end of the water pump pulley.

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
what is a remote condenser?

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
If it was mounted inside wouldent that kind of cancel out the effect of air conditioning?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
s10blaza said:
Its a condenser mounted somewhere usually inside and an electric fan on it
It doesn't have to be a big fan if not I figure it'd be kind of annoying with the noise

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
500 Posts
yeah i started out with out it cuz i was in a hurry to get the v8 goin, but i saved everything and installed it later. i didnt have to do any thing it all fit back where it was, i dont have fan shrouds, i have one good electric fan and i didnt move the engine or anything back. i have rollor rockers and taller valve covers and i didnt have to cut the HVAC box at all so i dont know what thats all about

·
IMBLOWN
977 Posts
s10blaza said:
Its a condenser mounted somewhere usually inside and an electric fan on it
Uhhhh, it has to be mounted OUTSIDE of the cab - I was thinking about setting up something in my bed at one point.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
jameskirk1 said:
Uhhhh, it has to be mounted OUTSIDE of the cab - I was thinking about setting up something in my bed at one point.
Well, tell the three local guys that have theirs under their dash and couldn't be happier that they're idiots.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The evaporator core and condenser are two separate things, I know!

Im saying that for certain people that don't have room up front, running a remote condenser is an option. There's a guy with a 34 Ford that has his under the seats with a small electric fan running it, another with some Lincoln with a condenser under the dash and another elsewhere in the cab. Jeez!

·
turbo v8 s10
153 Posts
the condenser is like 27' x 16 and it gets verry hot how would that fit under the dash " set the pipe down" you do not mount it in side. i have a 3' intercooler,a/c condenser,rad and a mech fan with a long w pump

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have the hooker type mounts,and 86 corvette serpentine set-up-.I use a 3 core rad .from a 79 camaro,and have the s-10 air condenser in the original spot.I have 2 spal electric fans(pullers)behind the radiator.They are on seperate remote thermostats ,with an extra relay to cut one on when the A/C is on.So Far no problems,although it does,nt get quite as warm here in Germany as it doe,s in some parts of the states.I did have to make custom hoses,and modify the blower box for the valve cover.It,s fairly tight ,but it all works out nicely.This is a first gen. truck by the way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts