S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 S15 Jimmy. I installed a new compressor and accumulator along with a new high pressure switch. The compressor clutch won't pull in. If I apply 12 vdc to the clutch it pulls in and cools. It's all charged and works good. I checked power to the low pressure switch and the voltage comes and goes with the dash controls switched on and off. The low pressure switch has continuity but no voltage to the clutch. There is a new high pressure switch with continuity. I have purchased two manuals with wiring diagrams but neither have anything about the climate control wiring. Where can I find the wiring between the low pressure switch and the compressor clutch?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Did you by pass the low pressure switch by unplugging it and shorting across the connector ? This should cause you ac clutch to engage and it low pressure swt. is bad or it it is low of freon it won't engage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did the bypas trick. I aquired a wiring diagram and found the problem is in the main computer. The computer is off of a 98 and mine is a 96. Different wiring completely. Will have to by a relay to solve the problem. Thanks for the advise

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was a bargan ride to start with and the pcm was free. If I could find a bargan 96 Jimmy pcm I would use that. This is my first S15 vehicle so I'm on a learning curve. I'm sorting through many issues with this ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts