S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a local shop upgrade the ac in my 1989 s10 ...2.8 liter ....replaced the compressor with a reman...... dryer ..orfice tube ....flushed the system etcetc....has pumped cold now for 2 months but from day one has made the howling growling noises whenever compressor kicks on ....turn off the ac and noises stop immediately.....took back and the shop said they would get another and change out ....they did supposedly.....very exact same noises ....has anyone experienced these types of noises on a ac refurbish ....and thoughts ?.....try a new compressor ??

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
I'd take it back...be sneaky and make a mark/initials on the case someplace...there are shady shops out there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can do a quick check of the belt tension, check to see if there is any vibration /belt flap. I have had my system upgraded as well, work done by me and I have had issues with the belts vibrating and causing a rumble at idol.

I swapped to a new belt that was top cog and larger which helped. Also re adjusting the tention as the belt ages has helped to since the belt may get loose as it ages.

If it isn't the belt ignore my comments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
flyingbunnys
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing