S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the absolute max psi that anyone has ran thier smc 1/2 (15mm) vavles too? i know that some say they stick at 200 psi but ive heard that if you keep up the volts (by keeping the truck running at idle) they can go past 200... but about how far past...?!?!?!?!

thanks alot!
steve-o:evilg: :chomp:

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I guess I don't understand you youngsters :p

What is the fascination with pushing the limits on the components that support your vehicle. Would you want them to break while you are driving down the road and injur or kill someone or yourself?? These components are made with ratings and maximum limits for a reason, to keep you, and everyone else safe, and going out of the bounds of those limits endagers everyone around you. Just my .02 If you really wanna push the limits on your setup, get some valves that are made to handle the pressure.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i could not agree with you more. i hate to sound corny but with something like this... saftey first! seriously. i can deal with just 200 psi. i was just curious. thanks bagged2000x. and thank you slammeddime, you are lookin out for us!

·
ICU H8N
768 Posts
The first time it happend it was an accident. My pressure switch went bad and pressure got to 230 before i realized. Only ran without it for a day. Its fun to be that fast but its not worth all the trouble of fixings stuff like balljoints, and valves. Now i run 160 and everything is cool.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
The 1/2" ( 15mm ) smc is a different design that the 3/8 ( 10mm ), so even though it is rated at the same 217 psi, it will take more. And smc does have thier high pressure 3/8" valve out. I was told they were not doing a high pressure 1/2" because the standard one will take far more than it's rated at. Sorry I don't have any firm numbers for you. I don't usually build systems over 225-250 psi.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
DOThatesME said:
my 3/8 smcs locked up at 220 for lift, but they will dump 230. i am running 1/2 parker fills now.
I have 1/2" parker fills and 3/8" smc dumps on my blazer, and I have ran it up to 295, and the smc's will dump at that.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
SlammedDime said:
I guess I don't understand you youngsters :p

What is the fascination with pushing the limits on the components that support your vehicle. Would you want them to break while you are driving down the road and injur or kill someone or yourself?? These components are made with ratings and maximum limits for a reason, to keep you, and everyone else safe, and going out of the bounds of those limits endagers everyone around you. Just my .02 If you really wanna push the limits on your setup, get some valves that are made to handle the pressure.

have you ever hopped your truck???? its awesome, and it keeps you wanting to push the limits....

fyi-Although I have ran my 3/8" smc up to 275 (still worked fine) I rarely do, but...I will run them up to 220-230 w/o any worries...

but for daily use...they see about 145 psi.

·
Registered
89 Posts
if i even think about 200 psi my smc's get skeered... ive even increased the size of wire in my switch box to try to get more juice to them. finaly broke down and ordered some parkers from larry, hope to see them soon!

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
tbranscom said:
if i even think about 200 psi my smc's get skeered... ive even increased the size of wire in my switch box to try to get more juice to them. finaly broke down and ordered some parkers from larry, hope to see them soon!

don't be skurred!:cool:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts