S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
N pieces
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know that there are some pics of how to get rid of the Abs and i know that some of you ( ithink AvTekk) know how to do this( what lines to tie to gether and sensors and all of that so if any of you know tell me. i do not want to just turn it 90 degrees i want it gone!!!! and i know one guy used a pop off valvue off a jiommy so anyone HELP

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Ya youll need a pre-97 combination (proportioning) valve or an aftermarket one. Then get out the double flaring tool because youll need to make up a bunch of lines to connect the valve to the master, then T the two front lines together off the valve. I think some people have done it without the valve, I have on a 02 Blazer but it had 4 whell discs..

·
N pieces
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What all lines do i need to do this and what lines do i need to connect

·
N pieces
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

·
N pieces
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump come on help me out Shit

·
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
1,067 Posts
damn hes good
yo sics10 have any pics of the shaved cab windows
[email protected]
that shit looks well umm sic

·
N pieces
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok avtekk without the valvue do i need to run new lines to the brakes and do i jus take off all the lines on the master cylinder or what and what about the back brakes or r there any thing to do wit them? im confused i see that i u ran a new like to the driver brake im sry 4 beein a pain in the ass i just want to get this done thanks

·
N pieces
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also avetekk when you took off the Abs on that blazer did you have any trouble with the ses light or not and what did you do with the wires goin to the abs and the ones goin to the dust covers behind the wheels

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
You do not need to run new lines to anything. On that blazer I just borrowed a line that used to run from the master to the abs and reflared it and used it for the drivers side caliper. I didnt need to do that but the line is braided stainless so I thought it would look cool.

You just hook your rear brake line into the front port of the master then T off the other line to your 2 front calipers. Heres a diagram:

GREEN: Passenger front caliper
BLUE: Drivers front caliper
PINK: Rear brake line
YELLOW: Front brake feed to Tee

Attachments

·
N pieces
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what do i do with the wires that were hooked up to the abs computer and will i get a ses light all the time or an error light of any kind

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
I may be wrong but, aren't the front brake lines supposed to be equal in length?? That's why they have the big spiral hardline going to the driver side caliper, to make up for for the passenger being longer. Again I may be wrong.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
No that is a misconception!! The spirals have nothing to do with length. If you look at the stock brake lines you will see they all have the same amount of spirals!! Their only purpose is to provide a small amount of movement between the master (bolted to the cab) and the frame. They only provide flex when the cab bushings flex, and they also reduce vibrations. If the lines werent spiraled they could work harden and crack. So pread the word..

I usually leave the ABS wires there. If the vehicle is for show, or its my personal truck, Ill pull the wiring out. Removing the ABS sets off a ABS light, no SES light.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
i ditched mine i used a 80's gm s10 prop valve and i the legnth thing didnt affect anything

·
N pieces
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do you think that this setup will be ok for my 99 s10

·
N pieces
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bump do you think this will work for my 99

·
Registered