S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm new here, but you guys seem to know whats going on here. I have a problem with my 97 s10 4x4 auto. When it is cold, such as first thing in the morning and it is below 50 degrees, as soon as I start forward I get the ABS light on, no speedometer, and the tranny will not shift unless I manual move it to 2nd gear, but if I manully move to Drive it will go downshift to1st.

Now after it warms up and I shut it off for 3 or minutes, then it will functions perfectly. It shifts, no lights and I have speedo.

Which sensor, module or harness is it. I have checked all grounds that I know, unless you all know of another one.

I have owned this s10 since it was new. 115k and never had a problem with anything till now. It is still driveable as long as it is warmed up and reset.

I have always done my own oil changes, tranny fluid changes, filter changes myself. Being a country boy for 24 years, don't trust anybody else. I may have to trust someone else now.

·
Registered
726 Posts
sounds like a VSS issue but i could be wrong
I know if you unplug the VSS from the side of the tranny and leave it unplugged and try and drive it it will do exactly what you said yours is doing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, this gives me someplace to start. I had a notion that is where I may start.

Appreciate the reinforcement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts