S-10 Forum banner

ABS brakes? How can i tell if my truck has it

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Eight433 
#1 ·
I am not sure of what rotors to buy for the front. My truck is a 2000 s10 LS 4 cylinder 2 wheel drive 5 speed. It has drums on the back. HELP!!!

#2 ·
I think that all the trucks made after 1998 come with ABS.
But if you want to be sure, find yourself a gravel road and brake as hard as you can. If you feel some pulses on the brake pedal, and if the truck turns while braking, you have ABS ;)

#3 ·
Huh? If you want to know if your truck has abs brakes, do a power stop and if you hear bzzzz bzzz bzzzzzzz like a damn robot then you my friend have abs. Usually when you tell fockwad at Murrays or Autozone what type of truck you have they'll give you the right rotors. Also, do you have a 20''/22'' combo? make up your damn mind!!!

#4 ·
open the hood ans look next to the master cylinder if the brake lines go into a big metal thing you have abs if they run staright to your wheels you dont

#5 ·
Its not hard.

Start your truck, put it in gear and let it inch forward as you slowly apply the brakes. Try to get to the point where the brakes are just between clamping down and not holding. You'll reach a point where it starts to pulse. Like a bubbly farting noise.

#9 · (Edited)
Smw72 said:
great reply. i feel so much better now and will sleep so great tonight. A+ for a worhtless reply.
all i did was agree with you and you're gonna turn into a little bitch?
:ahole:

oh, and just so you know, from the information i've found on the internet, ABS became standard on the s-10 in 96. i hope you sleep like a baby :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.