S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. when i start my truck with the clutch down, foot on brake, and parking brake on, my parking brake light and ABS light on the dash won't turn off. however, if i then take the p brake off and restart the car, both lights stay off. this all started the other day. i was driving on the highway, maybe hit a dip, and they both came on. i turned it off and restarted it and they went away. since then, i have had to start it twice most times to get the lights off. i don't know if it has something to do with the coils i just put on, or the new wheels and tires maybe. my brakes feel okay and the fluid level is right in the middle of max and min. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

John

·
Registered
882 Posts
i'm willing to bet the tires don't have the same overall diameter. meaning i bet you are running taller tires in the rear and smaller ones in the front. the abs light will go on beacause the computer is set to operate the abs with all tires being the same overall diameter. it really isn't gonna hurt anything if the light stays on but the computer disables the abs feature.

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mr. snuffy you are the man. i got 50 series on back and 45 up front. is this also the cause of the emergency brake light being on as well. and do you think i should leave them on, or shut her off and start again so they turn off. thats what ive been doing and it seems like my abs will kick in at unnecessary times. any opinion is cool with me. thanks.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts