S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as i get situated in my new job, im playing with the idea of dumping my Kicker S12L7, custom box, crunch 400.2. Then rewiring the whole truck with 4 guage wire, purchasing 2 RF Power Hx2's getting a custom box built and powering them with a 700s or higher topped with a cap. Now i plan on hearing a few more systems with kicker vs.:stickpoke rockford but at the moment i dont notice a huge difference between the two brands besides price. Can i get some comments on if i should stick my money into another S12L7 and getting a kicker amp to power the two subs, Or should i go rockford...?? Please imput comments, and realtime experience with the two brands, I want it LOUD, CLEAR, and longlasting. Thanx :dunno:

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
In my opinion ...Kicker is better...especially the SOLO-BARICS....they require far less room..than other speaker..jsut my $.02 worth...I personaly like MTX....that is what I have..I am looking for .5 farad...digital top cap...right now..know anybody?

·
Why Do I Care
624 Posts
badassminitrk said:
In my opinion ...Kicker is better...especially the SOLO-BARICS....they require far less room..than other speaker..jsut my $.02 worth...I personaly like MTX....that is what I have..I am looking for .5 farad...digital top cap...right now..know anybody?
hey man email me and maybe we can wrk out a deal on the .5 farad..maybe at cost u never know
:shrug:

·
Why Do I Care
624 Posts
Thats low..but hell more power to u..But Didnt u say caps were a waste of money...just messing..Your to tense:boom: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
99 Posts
i think you should stick with the kicker you got now. its your amp thats the problem, no offense but crunch sucks 12 inch donkey schlong. your feeding that sub dirty distorted wattage which is VERY bad. and plus you're not getting any where near what that amp claims. if its an 800 watt amp expect maybe 3 or 400 watts....get the idea. get a new amp and keep the L7.

·
Registered
208 Posts
as LMG stated, you want loud, CLEAR, UNDISTORTED....lose the crunch

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i was thinking then mabe a 700S from rockford fosgate? to power an additional S12L7? or should i go for a 1500 watt amp or something?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Phat just as an indication as to how much power a crunch amp puts out I have one (rated at 400 x2 @4ohms) bridged @4 ohms they claim aprox. 1200 watts, pushing 2- 8 ohm(wired parallel to make the 4 ohm load at the amp)Rockford 8" truck boxes that are 10 years old, at least, and the gain is set as high as it goes and the 8's don't stress till the amp starts clipping and I'm not bragging about how tough Rockford speakers used to be built!

·
Registered
63 Posts
The 700s wont push 2 12" Solo's. Check out the BD 1000's or even the 1500.

I have a 500x (4ch) and a 500s (on a 12" HX2; when the box is done anyway). :thumbup:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts