S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About to start baggin my truck.. i have bags and vavles adn all that good stuff but i need a tank and compressor... wats the deal with EDC? What types of compressors would work for a 2.2 off other cars??... i dont want to spend alot of money right now on it.. just somthin that will get the job done good.... right now i have 1/2 firestone bags for the front, 4 smc valves. i have a tank and compressor but the tank is a 3 gallon 2 port. and the compressor is an pretty small looking thomas compressor that i have no clue about.. when i start workin on this project ill post pics..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah. im lookin at eletric compressors but then a friend told me that you can use compressors off of some types of cars. not for sure what he ment by that, i just guessed like an a/c compressor or somthin. ne idea on that???

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
slammed_98s10 said:
yeah. im lookin at eletric compressors but then a friend told me that you can use compressors off of some types of cars. not for sure what he ment by that, i just guessed like an a/c compressor or somthin. ne idea on that???
Search.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey i find out about the car types and stuff. but which is better a york or a sanden???? thinkin bout tryin to find one at a local junk yard... thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
YORKS are on like older trucks, like a 70's bronco or sumthin. i swithced my 91 bronco a/c over to a tank system for airing up after wheelin all day. it blows the pop valve @ 180psi. it fills up a 35 from flat to 35psi in bout 3 mins. not real fast, but i only got a 3gal tank also

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah. i heard yorks were on older trucks to, would it make a difference if the york was on a 4 banger or a V8???? i dont want to buy a comp off a old ford truck and not be able to run it on my 2.2... Thanx for all the help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts