S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Merry Xmas to me! I've had my 2000 s-10 xtended cab now for a few months and can't stand the stock speakers and no bass. So i bought myself a xmas present in the form of a 12" JL Audio W-3 sub. It's not gettin installed for a few weeks though when i get back up to school (btw GO KNIGHTS!....University of Central Florida) cuz my roomate is given me a sweet deal on a Pioneer DEH-7500 HU for like 130 bucks less then retail due to his SWEET discount so i figure i'm just gonna rip my interior up all at once. The finishing touch is either gonna be some MB Quarts PEC 216's or some Infinity Kappa Perfect's 6.5 components. I'll make sure to post pics when i get the HU and sub in....but man i get excited like a kid in a candy store just thinkin about the thought of bass vibrating my seat!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have an amp...for now i have an autotech 4 X 100 amp but i dunno if it's 2 ohms cuz it's kinda old...so i'm either gonna run that amp and run the front channels to the components and run the back to the sub...but if the back channels won't be enough to power the sub i'm probably just gonna get a single amp to power to the subs

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
wont you need some sort of crossover to eliminate the higher frequencies the rear speaker channel, which youre powering the sub off of?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't it roughly 300 rms? so shouldn't I match that rms with an amp around that power? or is alright to overpower it the way u were.....btw, how'd u like the sound of the w3 w/ amount of wattage?

·
I'm BLOWN
157 Posts
Wanna hear a sad sad yet hilarious story..well TOO BAD I'M TELLIN YOU ANYWAYS:finger: My first truck..(bless it's smashed up body panels) was a 89 dime xtra cab 2.8L..I bought 2 JL 12 W0's from a friend hella cheap Cuz I was a poor highschool student w/no job..I had a decent JVC HU and Cerwin Vega 6x9's in the back and Pioneer 4x6's up front, but n e ways..I was to poor for an amp so I hooked up the JL's to the rear outs on the HU :bash: and the CV's to the fronts..and ran it that way for about 6 months..odly enough..it bumped pretty damn good. but n e ways..I'm a lil older..lil wiser..now I have one Coustic Carbon Fiber 12 in a ported box w/a 240 watt Coustic amp..soon to be replaced w/a Coustic 600 watt amp..actually..thats my late xmas present to myself:racing:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i have a crossover so i'll be able to use my 3rd and 4th channel.... i get the sub Friday and hopefully i'll be able to install it i'm hoping a week later at the latest....that's including the amp and HU too

·
Got V8?
3,263 Posts
n_v_my_noma said:
Wanna hear a sad sad yet hilarious story..well TOO BAD I'M TELLIN YOU ANYWAYS:finger: My first truck..(bless it's smashed up body panels) was a 89 dime xtra cab 2.8L..I bought 2 JL 12 W0's from a friend hella cheap Cuz I was a poor highschool student w/no job..I had a decent JVC HU and Cerwin Vega 6x9's in the back and Pioneer 4x6's up front, but n e ways..I was to poor for an amp so I hooked up the JL's to the rear outs on the HU :bash: and the CV's to the fronts..and ran it that way for about 6 months..odly enough..it bumped pretty damn good. but n e ways..I'm a lil older..lil wiser..now I have one Coustic Carbon Fiber 12 in a ported box w/a 240 watt Coustic amp..soon to be replaced w/a Coustic 600 watt amp..actually..thats my late xmas present to myself:racing:
PROOF THAT YOU CANT BLOW A SUB WITH TOO LITTLE POWER!

·
I'm BLOWN
157 Posts
So true..I ran that thing for a long time and never had any problems..then I got a 800 watt crossfire and that pushed em in the 89 dime and then in my 96 silverado for about a year and a half. to little power doesn't hurt shyt!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
USF........that's where all the kids go that can't get into UCF, it's ok though cuz there's always grad school!

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
ThumpinS10 said:
USF........that's where all the kids go that can't get into UCF, it's ok though cuz there's always grad school!
ha i didnt apply to ucf, i got into usf uf and fsu and couldnt afford anything :(

or where kids go that cant afford tolls

1 - 17 of 17 Posts