S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Really Good

I have to run shocks still to get the good ride. I know a lot of ppl who say u don't but they are full of crap lol.

With the shocks on, the bags set at a good psi the ride is really smooth. No worse then a stock ride and better then a static lowered ride.

I've had the bags on my truck for a year with no problems.

·
Registered
224 Posts
well

Bags arent comparable with anything. They ride better than hydraulics(obviously), and they also ride better than a standard lowered vehicle-WHEN they are pumped up! BUT, that kinda ruins the point of lowering it, sure it looks great at shows, but stock on the freeway. However, when it is pumped up to stock height, it rides worse than a steel sprung vehicle. S-10's don't ride particularly well with them because of their light weight. However we bagged my buddy's 92 Caprice, and My 61' Impala, using dropped spindles also-and they ride well due to theweight of the car. You can play with the shock rates and get them to ride a little better. They handle like crap too because they are squishy. You can run them independently, and that helps a little, but not a whole lot. I'm not badmouthing them(hell, I sell them at my shop)but you have to decide your purpose for the vehicle before you install them. We ae prototyping a shock system at my shop right now, using computer controlled variablerate corvette shocks and thesystem off that car, so we can get three shock rates. we hope this will take some of the "airbag" curse off of these systems. Also whatever you do, dont let anybody tell you you dont have to use spindles with them. If you don't, you will never get what you want out of them. I'm not trying to sound like some expert, but we have bagged around 50-60 vehicles, and we have used every combo you can think of.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oh yeah...

In case youre interested, heres a pic of the caprice...It rides like a caddy when it's pumped up to about 3 inces lower than stock!! Again, that weight thing...

Attachments

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
Mine rides great, the front is a little bouncy. But that's cuz I done have any front shocks. No swaybar either, so it doesnt handle all that great. But overall, cruising down the highway at 65mph, with about 50psi in the bags, I think it rides really nice. Thats with stock wheels and tires though, not sure how much worse it would be with really low profile tires.

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
Yeah, so far the only bitch I have is how the 1/4 line runs to the gauges, and the manual fill. They leak really bad, I had to put hose clamps on all the 1/4 lines. I figured the wheels will make a big difference. Exspecially with the 215/35's.
Yeah, i'm a airlift dealer too.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

BAGGS REALLY DONT RIDE BAD AT ALL. I PERSONALY HAVE FOR A LONG TIME ,FAST BAGS AND SLOW ONES. I DO NOT HAVE SHOCKS IN THE FRONT OF MY S-15 BUT IN THE REAR I HAVE A LINK REAR SUSPENION AND BAGGS. IHAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS OUT OF THEM. AND EVERYONE SAID MY TRUCK WOULD RIDE LIKE CRAP,BUT THEY WERE WRONG, AND I DRIVE AT LEAST 100 MILES A DAY IN IT AND STILL WIN TROPHY AT ALOT OF SHOWS.

DRAG BY U LATER,
O-PSI S-15

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
I got lazy

who posted bags ride bad on the S10? S10's cause of the weight to begin with ride bad.

If anything the bag can improve the ride slightly by adjusting the pressure till you get a smooth ride.

My best ride is when the front is set at 75psi with the Air Lift Dual Port Extended bags.

Just thought I would add that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts