S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my wheels after I just took them off I must have bent them on my cruize to Chevy Vette Fest on Sat. last week.

Hopefully the insurance will pay for it.

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This one is slightly bent but still bent.

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a close up of my wheel

·
Dey took rrr jobs!!
4,322 Posts
damn you musta hit a serious pothole. Sucks bout the rims though i had a small bend like the one in the 2nd pic cost me 125 bucks.

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 245/35/20's

And the top one could only hold air for about 5 hours or so the one that has a small bend in it doesnt leak.

Ozzy

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Damn that sucks. That's my biggest worry with my intro's. I cringe everytime I hit even the smallest pothole.

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
dropt98chevy said:
I had a friend that his rims got bent(all 4) by those 5/8" metal plates they put to cover holes in the road. The city paid to get him 4 new wheels.
I hate those sonofabitches, i smacked a couple of those and also ran over the bumps that are made on the interstate when they dig part of the road up with my rims on, luckily no bends at all with my good ol 212's and 255/35's

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quick polish on one of them since they are off.

·
Registered
655 Posts
that sucks about your rims but it is very easy to fix. take a peice of 2x4 and cut it with the radius of the rim. put a towel on the lip and place the 2x4 on the towel. then beat the shit out of it with a sledge hammer. then polish if you want to shine it up. youll go through a few 2x4s bending the rim back to normal but all it takes is patience.

·
Registered
243 Posts
dropt98chevy said:
I had a friend that his rims got bent(all 4) by those 5/8" metal plates they put to cover holes in the road. The city paid to get him 4 new wheels.
:bs: :booty: Unless he is running really low psi in his tires there is no way he could bend his rims going over a 5/8" piece of steel (his rims would have to be riding less than 5/8" off the ground)

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
I think the BS part is how the city bought him new wheels, I couldn't see them buying new expensive wheels for anyone, you drive at your own risk. He got lucky I guess.

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so what maybe it did happen but was a once in a life time thing.

Hopefully my insurance will pay for my wheels so I can atleast drive it next year without having to drop another G of my own money into it.

Ozzy

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
97S10SS said:
I think the BS part is how the city bought him new wheels, I couldn't see them buying new expensive wheels for anyone, you drive at your own risk. He got lucky I guess.
This wasn't on a truck(63 VW Bug) they weren't expensive rims they were $500 empi 5 spoke and it is cheaper for the city to pay it than go to court.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts