S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Tired of being slow
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was leaving school like I've done a hundred times before. I looked down for like *two* seconds. Looked back up, the people in front of me had hit the brakes hard and I was about 10 feet away, going 35 or so. I slammed on brakes and swerved right at once, but my left front corner still caught the right side of her truck. Another foot and a half and I'd have missed. She was driving an Xterra, which is a lot higher than my s10. therefore, our bumpers didn't hit. My left headlight, hood, grill, and left quarter panel all smashed into her 5000 pound truck's (yes they weigh that much) bumper. Tore the hell out of my truck, it's so jacked up. The radiator is shoved back and everything. Not a good day. It pushed her bumper against her spare tire (moved like an inch) and scratched it. Estimated $1000 for me, $300 for her. So not fair. So my truck is screwed up now. My insurance is gonna go up, I got a ticket for $78 and 4 pts (traffic school now, yuck), my truck is undrivable for weeks until it gets fixed.

I had just had a great job interview at an engineering company in our town too. What a way to ruin your day!

I snapped a couple pictures, I'll post one once I get them developed.

Also, not sure if this is the right part of the forum for this but it seemed like the closest.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Sucks, dude. Hopefully you'll get it back on the road soon.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
That sucks... but make the best of it. Upgrade to the envoy front end or something different. Every time something goes wrong, just replace it w/ something better! Then it doesn't seem like a waste.

DogP

S

·
0 Posts
the damage sounds like what happened when i wrecked my ranger when i hit a stupid tree. it cost 5 G's. the steering was broke and lots of other stuff you couldnt see, then my dad traded it in and got himself a new car. so now im going to get a base model s10 cuz its the only thing i can afford that i like. (i dont know why the hell my dad bought a ranger, that was the only ford we ever owned) oh well

·
Tired of being slow
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We also have a Ranger Edge ex. cab with the 4.0 V6, and while my 2.2 5-spd S10 is a quite a bit slower, the S10 is way more fun to drive. The Ranger is a beast, it's really hard to handle. I'd definitely take the S10 over it, even if it is slower. If I want something truly fast, I'm not expecting it to be a truck anyway.

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
Hey I'm sorry for what happen, hope everything goes well. I was involved with something similar. I was coming back from a truck show and my friend was following me with his toyota. At this time my s10 was at a 4/6 drop and it looked sweet, my friends truck was fully done up, shaved handles, 4runner front end, phatom, lowered on bags, the whole 9 yards. I was leading the way and I went to reach for my cig lighter and I look up and some fu*ker with an old school toyota camry or some sort cuts in front of me and slams on his brakes and here I come going 45 slamming into his rear. My a$$hole of a friend who was on my ass hit me from the rear. So I got sandwich, and guess who they blamed, me.
Well here's my sad picture, you can see what happened to my friends truck in the backround. The damage came out to 7000 for me, and luckly I didn't get any frame damage.

Attachments

·
Tired of being slow
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DogP - do you know of any pictures of the envoy front end? It sounds like a neat idea but I'd like to see some pictures.

LOWRDS10 - What happened to your truck looks strikingly similar to mine. Mine was only on the left side, but it is just as badly messed up. About the left foot and a half hit. My bumper didn't get a scratch. From the picture it looks like yours didn't either. Stupid low bumpers! Might as well not even have one =)

I'll post a picture eventually, maybe I can get my brother over here with his digital camera.

While the truck is in the shop, I'm getting a door dent and a tailgate dent fixed also, so it'll come out better than new, so at least something out of this whole mess is good.

Traffic school and a $100 fine isn't, though :rant:

·
306 Posts
Well I did scratch the bumper, other than the bumper I also need both fenders, hood, both doors re-alligned, core support (rad. support), front grill, headlights, new corners, new headlights, new rear bumper, new paint, which they fu*ked up on.

Damage cost was $7000.

Here's a picture befor accident, after accident, and after I pumped some drugs into the truck.

·
Tired of being slow
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read up on the envoy conversion and I think it is really cool. I don't think that our insurance would go for it though, and the body shop probably wouldn't either.

We took my s10 in yesterday and they said I might get back by this weekend or next week at the latest. That's great, last week they said that it would be the end of may!

Still haven't paid my ticket...

·
Tired of being slow
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think it's really that "badass", to me it's borderline on being a very ricey thing to do. I personally think it looks just like a sonoma, except a little bit sleeker. The appeal to me is how hardly anyone else would have it. you could call it the "s10voy." or not. Anyway, I think it is a nice looking conversion but not worth the cost of it. So i wouldn't do it. for my $2000 I'd leave the S10 with a stock front and buy a '90-'91 AWD DSM and have something fast. That's my $.02.

In other news I went to a chiropractor today just to get checked out after my accident. Turns out after some x-rays and range of motions tests and stuff that my right shoulder and neck are kind of screwed up. I think because i hit on an angle it kind of give me mild whiplash on the right because my head flew to the right. In the last couple days it's started to hurt so i figured something must be up. so that sucks, i hit them going like 20-30 and my neck is screwed up. just my luck. :thumbdown

and also sacran, not to make any assumptions, but if you are going soley by the picture DogP posted in this thread, it really does not do the conversion justice. Go to http://home.sc.rr.com/phat99s10/ . now that is a very nice example.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah... That is a lot better pic than the one I posted! I just did a search on this site to find one really quick and that is the first one I found (Friends were threatening to leave me here while they went to a movie).

I agree that it isn't the best thing in the world, but it would definately be something different than a regular s-10. I think it just looks a lot and cleaner than a regular s-10 front end, and smoother than a bumper w/ air dam attached.

DogP

S

·
0 Posts
i think its cool but it is too much money and doesnt even stand out like its something different. that is just me though

·
Tired of being slow
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
finally a picture!

Ok, I got my film developed and got the scanner working today. Here is a picture. It's attached to this reply. It really doesn't look as bad in the picture as it does in person.

Also, i was thinking. since the envoy and the trailblazer are basically the same thing, are there any trailblazer s10 conversions? The front of the trailblazer is definitely very cool looking, and it would make much more of a statement than an envoy front end IMO.

Attachments

·
306 Posts
The new trailblazer and envoy front ends are not going to be able to fit because it's a whole new design. The only way it will fit is doing some custom work. The trailblazer front end will look sweet but it will take a lot of work to fit it in.

If you are planning on doing any custom work I would definetly put the Lincoln Navigator front end on it

Attachments

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
ugh!! unless you want your truck to look nice! .... thats just my opinion tho...

·
Tired of being slow
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry LOWRDS10, I'm gonna have to go with CynicX on this one. That navigator front end is awful. I'm still laughing! =) Just my opinion. I bet you could confuse cops and insurance companies good while trying to tell them what kind of car you have. "It's a lincoln s10. I mean a chevy navigator. dammit!" i would like to see a trailblazer or denali front end on an s10 though, just for fun.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts