S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup yall,

Just found this site, cant belive what ive been missin.

Ok on to more important matters here. Just recently me and my cousins rip out a 4.3 from my 89' S-10 Blazer. It was my first time ever removing an engine. :confused: to say the least. It took me a total of three days to get it out. On the second day i only removed 3 bolts (call it lazy i guess). Finally i got it out...........man i dont have time to tell u the whole fricken story.......damn...ok here's the deal......i have 2500.00......im going all out on the rebuild.......Here is all thats going to be added...*edelbrock intake manifold, med. cam, chip, headers, true dual exhaust (Gibson), crane roller lifters, and lastly, just for looks, edelbrock valve covers.....Now according to my calculations this will put out about 205hp and around 264 torq. So, here it is......THE QUESTION......What will it take for me to get 250hp without N2O or a blower....Ive thought of things like......gettin an electric fan (less drag on engine)......better pulley set up.....ya know things like that. So to make things short.....tell me what its gonna take.....?

O and by the way im 87blazer's brother.....im sure u have all seen my blazer its got shaved windows ect.....like u did with him......ur gonna hound me for proof of this rebuild im getting done.....so ill say no more until i have the pics.......

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
how much are u looking at spending on the rebuild all 2500?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually its allready spent....the little list that u see there is what it will have.......i just was wonderin what else i could do to reach my goal of 250hp without N2O or blower....

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
im gonna say ill get 250 out of mine but who knows heres what was done

have a vortec 4.3
bored 30 over
forged pistons
505/510 lift cam
2.0 intake and 1.6 exhuast manley race vavles
polish and ported heads
polish and ported intake
and 1.52 roller rockers
also went from 9.2 compression to around 9.7-9.8 with pistons and milled the heads down
with that set up im sure (hopefully) have 250

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey man sounds real nice.....o and by the way whats up with polish and ported heads how much did that cost?.......and what exsactly will it get u performace wise?.....the pros i went to said it would'nt do much for the 4.3l......i understand the polishing, for the looks and all, the porting?.......I dont have the money for it right now but im guessing that i'll be able to put N20 on it by the middle of this summer, cant wait.......Have u hooked ur 4.3 up to a dyno?......What do i need to know about hooking it up for the 4.3?..........

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
heres a site....i emailed this guy about some stuff on my sten and he seemed real cool and willing to help me out.....

he has a 4.3 noma doing 12.59 1/4 mile and it looks like he knows his sh!t

http://www.geocities.com/slammed98gmc/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts