S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Powered By Vortec
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I messed up my chrome grill on sat. afternoon on the free way, and I odered a new SS grill which I got today. Well, the question is, Is it hard to install it on my own or should I just take it to a shop? The thing is I am short on money. Where would I start if I did it on my own.?.

Chevy209:cry:

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
Do it yourself!!!!!!!! all you have to do is pull it off. seriously, just pull on it and the clips will come out. just be carefull cuz the signals are atached to the grill, dont pull on the wires once you get the grill off.

·
Powered By Vortec
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the new grill.

Just goes on the way the old one came off?:confused: :bash:

·
Powered By Vortec
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx

I put on my new grill last night. Yaaayyyyy......

Chevy209:bah: :thumbup:

·
Powered By Vortec
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another Question

I have another question...I want to take off the side strips that good from the front of the pickup to the back. You know the one with the S-10 sign. If I pull them off will the paint come off with it?

Chevy209:bash:

·
57 Posts
I wouldn't recmond taking them off. Only b/c they have double sided tape or gule or the back and it might not all come off and it'll leave your truck not lookin too good. The paint might not match the rest of the truck since it has been covered for a while. (ex: if your truck is red the paint under the strip will be darker then the rest of the truck) IMO Let a body shop do it.

chad

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Its simple...Just pull them off and go to your local hardware or car shop and get a bottle of 3M tape remover. It works wonders, but it will also take off the wax, which is no big deal. That is what I used to take off my emblems.

·