S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After telling Luni about our little problem with the GM intake manifold, he suggested that I talk to the man that is going to be building his engine. So I PMed him. This is what he replied with.

"That project would be something that we may be interested in pursuing if the market is there. Currently I have my hands full just getting this business off the ground so I wouldn't be able to address this until the mid summer or early fall sometime. Obviously, an engineering project such as this will require some significant time and capital to complete, so if your serious about wanting a product like this brought to the aftermarket, than I'll need a couple things from you.

The first thing would be a selection of features desired, such as effective targeted RPM range use, dimensions and material desired.
Second, I'll need a list of people that would be interested in pursuing this component for purchase as well. If the market is there and we can secure
monetary deposits for the initial order, than we'll develop one. "

So...if you guys want to help me out with this, by giving me the information that he asked for, Ill get it over to him and see where we can go with this. We also need to prove to him that the market IS actually there.

Let me know what you all think...

Josh

·
Registered
473 Posts
Im interested but just need more of the info, Money , etc.

·
Mud Dummy
46 Posts
I would say intended rmp range would be 2000-5500 rpm Material should be aluminum. Price range around $300-400 otherwise it would not sell. But if it was in that range I might be interested.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would love to have a different intake, but price would be main problem for me.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Josh, you know how bad a want a new intake for this 4.3. so you should already know im in.:thumbup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'd be interested

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
If the intake is based on a tpi style than I may be interested. What about a redo of the tbi style just allowing for more flow. As far as material and rpm range. Is composite more than aluminum. It has better heat properties and is lighter. @500 to 5500 sounds sweet for the rpm range. as far as price under 300 should be the target....

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
how much of a deposit, i think that would be awesome, but what would happen if the project fell through? would we get our money back or would we be screwed?? i'm in for it anyway.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am down to go round for round... If you can pull 70 HP out of it like the ZZ4.3 was supposed to I am 100% for it... let me know how much he wants for the developement stage. I think you had said that the ZZ4.3 was supposed to be $500, if you can keep it there even better. BTW, everybody needs to keep in mind the little 10-20hp upgrades that they spent $200-300 on. :thumbup: :thumbup: :rock: :rock:

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
An aluminum base with a composite top would be nice. I would
like to see it raise the rpm limit to about 6000. Maybe like a cross between the ZZ4.3 intake and the Turbo intake could be
a cost efective project. Saw a pic once of a LT-1 intake being
sectioned to fit a 4.3. Cost should under $500.00 to be marketable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts