S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The other "BODY" man
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This goes out to ALL ontario "minitruckers" and alike.

I just finished reading in the Ottawa Sun,, and it was likely in the Toronto Sun as well,, about the big accident with the Semi-truck driver who was killed by being cut off by "street racers" on Hywy 400

Now the Ontario Governor General wants to crush all modified vehicles and Dalton McGuinty is in on it as well.

Now, I know that we are not "street racers", but they are going after ALL modified vehicles now.

So,, I'm asking all of us to drive safe, wise and obey all the laws with our trucks.

I know how much we all like dragging, and watching dragging, but it's not for the streets or hywys really!

If we want to keep our hobby we need to show the police and the bastards in the Government that we are mature and not rice rockets that zip down hywys in rush hour traffic at 160 km/h.

It's what we can do to ensure that our hobby stays that.
We love what we do. People love what we do to our trucks.
I love going to car shows and showing off my truck and I can't wait until it's finished,, again!

But, the way things are going I may have to trailer it to shows, and you may have to as well.

So, comment please and let me know what you think.

I searched but I couldn't find the article, but the first one was about the crash and what the cops and the government what to do about "modified" vehicles.

The second article had to do with what people thought.

So, if we can all ride and cruise responsibly, our hobby may be around a lot longer.

·
Registered Drug User
933 Posts
wow.

believe it or not, i almost had my plates pulled my Metro just two days ago for having a static 2/3. got pulled over on the DVP in morning rush hour by a cruiser sticking beside me for about half a kilometre until he gave me the horn and told me to pull it over. he started going on with stuff like "see those marks on your tires? they're rubbing! you lowered this, didn't you? what's your tire pressure? did you notify insurance that you modified your vehicle, they do need to know." yada yada yada. he was pretty cool with me but gave me a half-hour lecture at the side of the highway. at the end of it all he said "now i'm not gonna pull your plates, but GET IT FIXED!"

yes officer. thank you officer. have a good day officer. whew. lol

·
Registered Drug User
933 Posts
"pull your plates" whats this term mean? i guess impound your car?

yeah. when they find a violation severe enough they literally take off your plates on the spot at the side of the road and impound it.

·
The other "BODY" man
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the cops are fed up with the ricers and street racers and they want to get everyone now.

But,, the cops don't know enough about different vehicles.

My friend had a Mazda MP3, totally stock, he got pulled over because he was leaving a get together at a mall,, the cop wanted to give him a ticket because of the exhaust and the height,, but it was TOTALLY STOCK even the radio,, he didn't do anything to it at all.

So,, I think the police need to "get" educated on most of this shit before they "get" everyone.

All I'm saying is that we as "mini truckers" need to lay low and just cruise.

·
I AM CANADIAN
5,647 Posts
wow.

believe it or not, i almost had my plates pulled my Metro just two days ago for having a static 2/3. got pulled over on the DVP in morning rush hour by a cruiser sticking beside me for about half a kilometre until he gave me the horn and told me to pull it over. he started going on with stuff like "see those marks on your tires? they're rubbing! you lowered this, didn't you? what's your tire pressure? did you notify insurance that you modified your vehicle, they do need to know." yada yada yada. he was pretty cool with me but gave me a half-hour lecture at the side of the highway. at the end of it all he said "now i'm not gonna pull your plates, but GET IT FIXED!"

yes officer. thank you officer. have a good day officer. whew. lol
I find that hard to believe because my buddy has a lowered full size chevy, with a 5/7 drop, got pulled by the MTO this week, they looked allover his truck for everything, emissions, tire tread wear, ect. ect. he got a $400 ticket for no cat. Maybe it depends on the mood of the guy, becuase his truck is slammed to the gorund, and they didn't even care about that.

·
get laid/commit suicide
3,219 Posts
wwhheeww i am glad this is happeneing in 2 places i will never be...

canada... and california
its like cancer dude, it will spread if nothing is done about it. I hope it never makes it to Indiana:(

·
The other "BODY" man
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it wont happen. Every vehicle will be modded in some way.

they are close to banning tint darker than %50 on rear windows and none on the front, not even a sun strip on the windshield, only the factory blue.

Obviously if you mod your engine and sleeper or ghost your outside you may be alright,,

but most of us have visable mods that they are going to be looking for,,

shaved handles, angled license plates (I never did get that one), modified tail lights, ect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts