S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i want to do my own work on my truck to save funds and appreciate it more. the only problem is i dont know very much about working on autos. im really interested in learning and possibly a career made out of it. i was wondering of some easy mods i can do t make my ride look nice. mind you im no billionare and everything i buy comes from my job (meaning im not borrowing mommys credit card). any books or recommendations are helpful thanks.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
what look are you trying to take? mini truck? sprt truck?speed?laying frame. tell us the ideas you have.. if it looks good to you then its a good mod.but i would say

ss mirrors
roll pan
new tail lights
clear corners
billet or polished grill
paint interior accents
lowering 2/3

these are the more normal and common mods

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have a 96 chevy s10 and i seen a guide onthe site to do your own ss mirrors. it looks pretty simple. overall i want a clean cut lowered truck with decent pickup. im tired of seeing civics ><

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exactly. it would be funny running a kid at school in a truck

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
hehe.. makes me feel like my truck is a little quicker than I used to.. last time I raced I went up against a X5 and got smoked from about 35-40mph and up.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
s10rz350 said:
hehe.. makes me feel like my truck is a little quicker than I used to.. last time I raced I went up against a X5 and got smoked from about 35-40mph and up.
Yeah I hear that, everytime I start thinking mine is quick, I get smoked by something slow and put back in my place. :bawl:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
I can see it now.......A flood of avatars featuring Missy.....:clap: :02redxbla

·
Registered
279 Posts
caucasion,

I really applaud you working on your own truck without relying on your parents for most of the financial grunt. That gives you one step ahead on being in the real world than all the rest of the chinstraps whose parents' career footed the bill for their rides. Rock on. For lowering, get a belltech setup (spindles, coils, blocks or leafs in the rear). After reading some of the threads on here you can tell which part is which. Also tint, it protects the interior. Other than that, the aforementioned mods are sharp as well. Good Luck!

P.S. DAMN MISSY LOOKS NICE!!!:yikes:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes doing my own work without my parents money is great. my first step is going to be a belltech lowering about 4/5. then rims,interior and exterior. but right now missy is on my mind. she lives in fla i live in fla. :thumbup: :bowdown:

·
MECP Certified
403 Posts
damn missy is hot!! she's perfect....lets see here, i'm 16, and so is she :) lol now i just gotta move to florida :yikes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts