S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, We are bagging my truck and i have a few questions:

- How big of a notch do i NEED...to lay frame, from my measurements, it looks like i need about 3 1/2 inches to lay.

- what am i gonna need to do to lay it out? as far as how much bed to cut without cutting a lot...etc.

I have 18" rims on 235/40/18's i would appreciate any feedback, thanks guys

dan

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Heres how you determine your notch size....

Measure from the bottom of the frame to the ground....
Measure from the top of the axle to the bottom of the frame....

Subtract number 1 from number 2, and thats the size notch you need to lay frame. Although it is always better to install the notch about 1" higher than what you need.

N

·
0 Posts
02sonoma said:
Thanks...

Where is a good place to relocate that black box recirculator thingy.... Or should i just trash it
Some people have relocated theirs to over the muffler but I made a tray for mine and put it where the spare tire used to be.

If u trash the canister then it will set off your ses light and when ever u open the gas cap a gush of air will come out. Not that the truck won't run its just a choice on what u want.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
good point.... I have my air tank and valves where the spare tire was...so i guess on the gas tank cross member would be my best bet....

and I heard something about lifting the gas tank up past the bottom of the frame?... how would i go about doing that if possible

dan

N

·
0 Posts
SlammedDime said:
Air won't come out...air will be sucked in.... a vaccum is created by not having the thingy ma bob....not pressure.
Its all the same. Air goes, air goes out. Its just better to relocate it.

What kind of rear setup are u going to do?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm probably gonna do air over axle... My roomate is the welder/cutter... and has bagged a few trucks...i have helped him on rangers...but i'm just seeing if i can get some new ideas... s10/sonoma's are a little diff. then the good ole oval boys...lol:gay:

N

·
0 Posts
Are u 100% sure u wanna run a 2 link. Your only going to have f/b right?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
i have 8...but the switches i got with the kit i bought from Jason at Area 51 Customs..only came with 4 switches, which is pretty much all i need anyway

if i'm saying anything that you think is way off, or just confuses you cuz its wrong, let me know... so i dont sound stupid. haha

N

·
0 Posts
Well don't plan on doing side to side with a 2 link. You will twist your frame and leafspring hangers all to hell. And when 1 side of the truck hit a dip in the road in the back it wants to pull the other side down with it. Not if u want to use a 2 link thats fine with me but its not a smart choice for side to side movement.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts