S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some popular opinion on performance mods. Headers, chips and the like. I saw that turbo kit and was intrigued. Anth thought on what would be best and is that kit really worth it (turboS-10.com) I think its bullshit without dyno sheets and pics. Pacesetter Heaser my only option?

·
Registered
463 Posts
the turbo untested and it is going to require tuning and a way to tune it, but it will give you the most power for your money (besides nitrous) If you are going to go the na way I have a jet chip and a volant intake for sale.

Alan

·
No more switches
13,451 Posts
pop a quick search there is a turbo kit that's being fabbed up. summerwolf's truck is the test truck. bottom line it's not worth it if u want to go fast. the tranny can't hold a lot and u'd have to forge the internal. there isn't a lot of go fast goodies. with turbo and what not u'll prob hit 15s.

·
Central Kentucky Tech
431 Posts
don't get a pacesetter, people have only had bad luck with them...get an al's header.

Get bolt ons first, before you go forced induction, you'll want them regardless.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm going to say $100 + shipping obo for the intake

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Just go turbo right off the bat, its the only thing that will make the truck anything more than what it is. You'll probably hit mid 14's to low 15's with the turbo kit.....I think a 13 1/4 is possible on stock internals.....we'll find out whenever my truck gets finished :rolleyes:

Caleb

·
Registered Abuser
2,375 Posts
I got pics of my pacesetter header after 2 years....
go to the http site and look for the "pacesetter experience"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
none

anyone have an actual dyno sheet of the gains a chip and intake produce? I know its probably not worth more than about 10-15 rwhp. I guess a little bit helps when u dont have alot!

·
New To The Game. . .
250 Posts
not to say much but i put my full turbo kit together myself with a few turbos-10 parts for just about 1000 bucks. so lets see 1000 dollars 6 psi projected well say 180hp thats an increase of 80 hp over stock so do the math 12.50 per hp. And thats to what Im saying is modest cause I can easily just turn a knob to 10 psi which has to be near the 200 mark. so with that you get 10 bucks per pony if ya know what im jivin at ya

·
Central Kentucky Tech
431 Posts
1000 for a fully tuned, functional, reliable turbo? uhh...what kinda crack you been smoking? Aren't you the same guy who was claiming he had 300rwhp?

Don't listen to him, theres no way your gonna get that much reliable horsepower on a constient basis. I say spend 600-700 dollars on bolt ons and get a 30hp bump, but thats just me.

·
Registered
463 Posts
well I'm not going to say don't buy my stuff, but add $300 to that and you can get a smt6 which can do all of the tuning you would ever need and you could easily put down 200 hp. the cavi guys have put out 190 hp with just a fmu

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
yeah, what he said.....

Mach's kit is supposed to be pretty close to tuned, its computer will be reburned, and you'll need to do some tuning with your specific vehicle, but the bulk of it will be done for you....and we're hoping for a reliable near, if not 200 RWHP vehicle.

Caleb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts