S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...I just got off of the phone with the guys at Mach Performance. I didnt get much information from them, but from what I heard, its looking pretty good. The Chevy SPO guys are supposed to be getting with Bill & Co. about co-developing the intake. It will be available as just the intake, or as a crate engine, possibly a dealer installed opion. Gains are supposed to be 65-70+ HP. They told me that the intake most likely wont look like the ones we have been seeing. I guess there is a lot of work to be done still about emissions and such. Its not supposed to be out this year, but I was told to look for something in early next spring. :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
01ZQ8 said:
Well...I just got off of the phone with the guys at Mach Performance. I didnt get much information from them, but from what I heard, its looking pretty good. The Chevy SPO guys are supposed to be getting with Bill & Co. about co-developing the intake. It will be available as just the intake, or as a crate engine, possibly a dealer installed opion. Gains are supposed to be 65-70+ HP. They told me that the intake most likely wont look like the ones we have been seeing. I guess there is a lot of work to be done still about emissions and such. Its not supposed to be out this year, but I was told to look for something in early next spring. :D :D :D :D :D :D
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Or, you could just get the ramjet intake from summit racing. That projects the same amount of HP.

If Bill helps design this intake I hope they make the intake accessable for people with no emmissions (minnesota,etc) to change the setup for more performance -- since we dont have to get tested anymore. Later.

John

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
I don't see GM going to the expense of making anything for the
4.3 when it is suposed to be phased out in 2 years:cry:

·
251 Posts
Ram Jet intake manifold?????????????? 4.3?????????:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JOHN said:
Or, you could just get the ramjet intake from summit racing. That projects the same amount of HP.

If Bill helps design this intake I hope they make the intake accessable for people with no emmissions (minnesota,etc) to change the setup for more performance -- since we dont have to get tested anymore. Later.

John
Where can I find this intake for the 4.3?

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
I saw it in a summit racing catalog. Unless Im really stupid, then its not there. Most likely not. Im looking on it for Rhino too. I gotta find my catalog that they sent me when I ordered my drop kit. Later.

John

·
2,186 Posts
JOHN said:
I saw it in a summit racing catalog. Unless Im really stupid, then its not there. Most likely not. Im looking on it for Rhino too. I gotta find my catalog that they sent me when I ordered my drop kit. Later.

John
um... dont look to hard, youll get a head ache cause its not in there.

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
MightyMouseJ5 said:

um... dont look to hard, youll get a head ache cause its not in there.
didn't wanna be the one to say it but i'm with MM

·
251 Posts
Mach guy

Whats the word from GM? I had heard that the 4.3 was slated
to be replaced by something smaller that meet the tighter
emishion standards. Under 4" bore like the new V8s. also
heard about a 5 cylinder replacment engine for the S truck.

Did you ever see the X Blazer SLP did for a GM show truck, It
had a Eaton supercharger on it. Said to make 300 HP. Saw the
pics of it last year and called SLP thinking this was a kit they
were going to offer. They said no it was just a one off thing
they were doing for GM.

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
JOHN said:

Cool:D Hey what u smoken:thumbup:

·
2,186 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
hey can you buy the stuff your smokin at pep boys?

lol
nah, but if you askem nice they might let you sniff some of thier spray paint.:thumbup:

·
2,186 Posts
01ZQ8 said:

Very nice...I believe that is the same intake that the Mach guys and Chevy are gonna be working together on. I hope it comes out soon...Im having a hard time waiting!!!!
me too, i am ready to rip the intake off my dads 5.7 vette and wip out a plasma torch and welder!:evilg:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts