S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 Chevrolet Blazer S-10 that I really want to restore.

I started sanding the rust spots with 60 grit paper...

I just need advice on the rot holes. Can I just sand it down and put sheet metal underneath? What can I use to get rid of the rust?

I put up a webpage with pictures with all the spots that I need to repair.

Also, there are some pictures of spots that I sanded the rust down. I'm wondering if it happens to be enough or if I need to keep sanding.

Page: http://snavez.hopto.org:3000/S10.html

I'm sorry if the page takes awhile to load...but please bare with me

and I hope someone knows a way for me to fix this...

Thanks in advance...

SnaveZ

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
you need to cut all that out.the surface rust needs to be ground or blasted away.lot's of dirty work

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
SnaveZ said:
no ...especially not in areas such as that ...welding is the only way possible...strongest way possible ...and any type of epoxy or things you were thinking to maybe use ...will only crack ...

yea welding is the only way ...sometimes ...making the sheetmetal parts and bringing it to a shop that welds may be the best bet ...GL:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
have you thought about going to a pull-a-part junkyard or just a junkyard in general to get some new doors cause my doors had some rust on the bottom and i picked up two doors for 70 bucks. as for the other stuff investing in a welder would probably be your best bet and just making filler panels and welding them in would be my .02.. if your decent at that kind of stuff cause if not it could possibly come out like shit. good luck though man. always love to see a car being revived from that kinda of state.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts