S-10 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Boozebag
9,968 Posts
^^^ To add to that, the TH 250/300 is not a great transmission. That's why I suggested a manual shift - which the T5 S10 is still made out of paper, but it is a lot better than the Turbo Hydro POS.

·
Old Fart
4,491 Posts
I just found this thread and wondering why no recent updates? I'm the other VW guy they were talking about and my current ride is a 2017 Golf R with a stage 2 tune. It is my 4th VW and I have loved every one of them.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of engine swap you do with your truck. :cool:

·
Registered
1992 Chevy S10 2.5L single cab shorty.
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi guys! Sorry to leave ya'll hanging. I got caught up in summer.

Some good and bad news...

Bad: I've since completed what I wanted to on the s10 and sold it off as of 6 months ago. I definitely miss it but my truck needs weren't met by the s10. Something newer will be in the works soon.
Good: I'm full blast on my other projects and halfway through a new project I picked up for the wife.

I'll give you a summary, but let me know if you want more detail and pics. Happy to provide some content.

I removed the airride from my daily vw passat wagon and put it on a set of Bilstein coilovers, they are great.

This is my daily that I did a refresh on 3 years ago when I bought it. only thing thats happened in that time is the alternator going out. Other than that she's my trusty v6

Went to Cali a few times this summer with the wife. Some how she managed to pull me out of the garage.

My buddy opened his own shop this last summer (Hiro's hotrods) in Bellingham, WA. He will debut his first commissioned build at WEKfest Oct 2021! Super excited for him

I am the Additive MFG (3d printing) Production Lead at Blue Origin. We were successful in our First Human Flight launch this summer. So cool to be a part of this history.

Went for some ride-a-long drifting with another co-worker. I am definitely building a drift car next next.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Bought an R53 mini cooper for the wife. She wanted to put less miles on the Mercedes and I wanted her to have something to rip the streets in. I'm doing some light work on it now and will do the motor build after my passat build is done. Right now its a zippy car she can tote both our dogs around in.

Ugly ass interior right. Ok bye..

Seats sucked so I sourced some new ones and welded brackets up to affix them to the modified OEM sliders. Gutted the whole car. did some wire wrapping, painting, deleting and then the rear build out.

Spot the left over cheetah print from the S10?!

Welded in some Miltek exhaust, and also did brakes, antenna delete, new steering wheel, and a ton of maint.

The car is super light now. Next will be refreshing all suspension and then again, will rebuild the motor when I am done with my other build. Right now we have a few mods like catless downpipe, tons of weight reduction, intake, and a 17% reduction pulley on the charger. Its pretty funny to see this little car whip most aggressive drivers. For some reason people like to approach this car, so some spirited driving usually gaps em by a few car lengths. More speed to come for this little bugger. My wife loves it. Supercharge 1.6L six speed manual gearbox.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
As for my passat build in the garage. A ton has gone on. The motor is back and I have since replaced all the seals, gaskets, sensor etc on the motor. It is currently sitting in the engine bay while I am working on sheet metal fab to clean up the bay. I've also dropped and cleaned out the gas tank and lines, now have it sitting on KW V2 coilovers, and tons of other goodies for shift linkage, clutch kit etc have been thrown at the car.

getting headers on

Solid shift linkage and 034 SIA delete plates

Goodies

reinstalling new timing components

replacing everything!

Pic of my costly desk weight

Finished my sleeve tattoos along the way. Started Oct 31 2020 and completed it by August. Now I am booked to start on my chest.

All new accessory belt driven parts

hoses and secondary water pump

knock sensors..

you get the idea...everything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Finished building out the transmission. It is very stout from the factory. My weak point will be axles now.
Trans got a new speed sensor, clutch slave, input shaft seal, input guide bearing, release lever and all the hardware. Some other stuff too that I am forgetting. Then filled with redline MT90.

Engine placed in the bay for sheet metal work

And here is the easy passenger side sheet metal work done. All panels will be functional heat shields as well as aid in cleaning up the bay with a moderate wire tuck. all panels will fasten into the bay using m6 nutcerts so they can easily be removed to service anything on the engine.

Now I am wrapping up the driver side today which is a bit more complex and spans to cover the abs module, lines, and also circumvent the PS reservoir.

Sorry I left the S10 arena, I have a feeling I'll be back, hopefully with an extreme. Almost bought one the other day but the guy was a dick so I basically told em he lost his chance at a cash offer and moved along. Keep wrenching you guys and let me know what your input is. 🤟🤟

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thank you for the nice words. The "Less than average" self branding was a product of all the folks that didn't like my builds or ideas. I pump out tons of DIYs and info to squash all the info "gate keepers" out there but some still get jealous or what have you. So...if I set my bar real real low, as in, less than average, they can't knock it! Problem solved. Now if they hate, they are just pointing out what is already public knowledge 😂

21 - 30 of 30 Posts