S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dam_!

This is a great looking truck. GM is selling it right now in Australia. Wonder what it would take to get it to the states.....

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Actually rumor has it that gm will be bringin that truck over to the us.

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boom ... where did you hear that?

Was it some place reliable or just some talk on the street?

I like the looks of the one-piece body. On the Holden web site they have a pic history of the UTE and it is a kind of El Camino based on an Australian car called a Comodore. But I think that 2nd gen S-10s with the bed welded up to the cab look just as good.

Rick
'92 S-10 4.3L Bone Stock

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well if Bob Lutz wants it, it will probably happen.
Lutz is the man! All bow before him!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
444 Posts
You'll have to move to Australia or find some one there that owns one of these and ask them what the times are.

It sure could be a resurrection of the El Camino.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It is in fact a 2002 El Camino, it sells only in Australia. It sells for $36,490, sound kinda spendy, not really, I'm sure some of you might have got an X for about the same amount of money. Remember that the $36,490 price tag is Australian coin! In good old US dollors thats about 19,000, not to bad huh?? And you can even get the lesser V-6 model w/ stick for around $12,000 US!!

It is rear wheel drive unlike most of the cars that have been brought back from the later years. An 5.7l LS1 resides under the hood but was knocked down to 300hp. Hot Rod tested it to 260-odd rwhp. There is already a booming after market for parts on this thing. It is available in a T56 six-speed or a 4LE60E four-speed auto w/ OD.

I would love to have one...

More info can be found in the September 01' Hot Rod.

Ryan
I'm a big El Camino fan... :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts