S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Resident *******
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a high psi pressure relief valve? mine goes off at 150.....i want to run 200 psi tho. is there anywhere i can get a high psi pressure relief valve?

thanks
luis

·
Resident *******
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey....it came with the kit.......i installed it for warranty purposes....but they phucked me anyway......i guess i can go ahead and take it off.....it bugs the hell out of me everytime it opens.......

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
where?

where did you get your kit and for how much?? I NEED an engine driven compressor... is yours a york?? and whats a high psi relief valve??

·
Resident *******
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine is an air commander from airlift. i paid a little over $800 dollars for it. The compressor used by airlift is a york, this kit is designed to put out 150 psi, but they can put out much more air than that. since this kit is designed only for 150 psi it has a pressure relief valve. when the pressure gets too high, the valve opens releasing excess pressure. since i want to run higher psi, i have to do one of two things, eliminate the relief valve, or get one designed to withstand more than 150psi. if you want an engine driven, talk to Larry (IRSD_mini) he can hook you up with whatever you need.

·
Resident *******
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
600 is cheap for an engine driven, and believe me, it is worth every penny. this thing puts out mass quantities of air.

·
thats my boy with the box
549 Posts
i'm going to make a eg compreser i have a york off a old ford and the braket i made at work so i need my line and traps and i will be set...i'm runing 175psi with my 450's and will be useing the same swich with the york. and i think i will have 150$$$ in the set up when it is dun..

·
Resident *******
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i don't need a pressure switch.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
or you can just go on ebay and buy one from around 70 to 160 dollars. They are usually sold with a clutch. They are used, but some come with a one year warranty, and they are a hell of a lot cheeper then $600 or $800. Happy hunting. And not to whore, but is the wiering diagram the same for a york as the one for a vivair (in the how to section)? Thanks

·
Resident *******
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no the wiring for a york is not the same, since the york is not an electric compressor. there is only one wire coming off of the clutch, that wire goes to your pressure switch. that's it.....nothing else to wire. and you only get the compressor and clutch for 70=160 dollars. the kit i bought has all the brackets, lines, fittings. this kit took out all the guess work. that is why to me, it is worth the money.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I thought that you still should get a relay so the pressure switch doesn't burn out or something. But your right, you would still have to get all the extra crap if you buy it on ebay.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts