S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinkin of doing most of the bag suspention my self, one question is... do i have to do something to my transmission crossmember, or just leave it the way it is? its off the truck now, so if i need to do any cuttin it will be easy to do. i was also told i need to notch the gas tank member where the drive shaft is, so when the mini is deflated it wont rub and mess up, what about when i notch the frame....where do i move the brake line, and do i need to get an extention to get it out of the way? all the fuel line are off, and the gas tank is out, and the charcol canister is out also. i think this sums up my questionz... thanx in advance.
:thumbup:

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
ive seen the gas tank crossmember notched before, but my driveshaft is no where near it so i dont know...for the brake line i cut the stock bracket down and welded it onto the frame behind the axle. i bent the brake line to reach its new point. the charcoal canister i turned upside down and bolted it to the frame after the axle as well, right after the brake line and right before the spare tire crossmember. good luck, lata

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
omg finally some one answers my questioz thanx!

·
Banned
7,683 Posts
AVTekk said:
ive seen the gas tank crossmember notched before, but my driveshaft is no where near it so i dont know...for the brake line i cut the stock bracket down and welded it onto the frame behind the axle. i bent the brake line to reach its new point. the charcoal canister i turned upside down and bolted it to the frame after the axle as well, right after the brake line and right before the spare tire crossmember. good luck, lata
Do I need to get my driveshaft rebalanced or cut down before or after I bag it?

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about the trans crossmember do i need to do anything to that ??

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
you can get a new tranny crossmember so you can lay.........you should notch the crossmember that goes over the gas tank to clear the driveshaft..its basically a c notch.....i would do the brake line like AVtekk said but i would put the charcoal canister under the gas neck between the body and the frame....anymore question just ask....you can get the tranny x-member from Sportruck Specialties or any shop that makes them

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok sts has a trans crossmember fora 95' single cab?

if so i'll give them a call thanx.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok cool they will be gettin a call tomorrow! thanx bro

1 - 13 of 13 Posts