S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 02 ZR2 HighRider. I'm wanting to do something different. I'm thinking of getting a 98-02 Bravada front bumper. One reason being it looks tits and the other reason is that it has a place for fogs,my receiver shackles (tow hooks) to come through and I could cut out the front tag spot for my winch fairlead to come through.

Anyways on to the questions. I would either like to do this to my headlights: clear them just like that but I think the ones in the pic are of Sonoma lights with built in fogs. If they are how hard is it to swap my headlights without fogs for one with fogs???

Question two if I cant do that I would like to run a bravada bumper with this custom hybrid GMC/S10 grill with S10 headlights. Anyone know how this grill would mount on??? Do you use the sonoma core or what??? I'm wondering what the chrome strip between the S10's headlights and turn signals attaches to. Also can anyone point me in the right direction on how to make a grill like that??

Any help is appreciated just trying to bring some life back into my truck again

Attachments

·
a mintruck is never done
478 Posts
the 98 up gmc and s10 all have the same radiator core suport . the gmc grill has clips that pop into rectangle holes that should already be there for you 02 s10 included. most s10 98 up grills have the crome plated center as of the hole grill that also holds the signals under the head lights- except the horozontal bar grill ( so called, LS GRILL ) rare option from what ive seen, that one i think bolts on . i believe the one you pictured was a regular s10 grill that was cut into 3 piecesand natched out the gmc grill . i ve been trying to figure out i the bravada grill could be done similar. i hope this helps you .

·
Professional Insultant
5,928 Posts
nah, LS grille clips on the same as the sonoma and basemodel s10 grille. Except if you don't buy a piece called "bumper filler" you will be able to see the bumper bolts. Doesn't hurt anything, but looks more complete with the bumper filler piece snapped on the top of the bumper.

Sonoma lights with fogs are $75 dollars on ebay. But that's not including the bulbs etc. And you can set up the fogs a few different ways so price will vary on that. looks like you can find some bulbs that clip into the headlight for about $20, you can wire the them yourself instead of buying the switch and 'wire harness.'

I thought that grille was custom? Either way it mounts the same as ALL 98+ grilles. It's just a matter of cutting and reattaching, but it'd take a good amount of experience to get it nice and smooth. I was thinking about making the attempt myself.

Here is my ZR2 I bought the LS gille for the moment, but I didn't get the bumper filler piece, so that is why there is a gap between the bumper and grille.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts