·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The interior:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nice looking ride, Chris. What kind of times have you turned with it and what mods have you done to it?

Could you e mail me off list as I have some questions on meeting places for kcsr. I don't want to post on there as it would be stupid to tell locations and times there. I am about 3 hours from you (4dgasm on kcsr lives about 15 miles from me) and have a few friends that would like to go out and play. I don't have anything ridiculous fast but still like to play. E mail me at [email protected] so we can talk off list.

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
proflo'dS10 said:
Nice looking ride, Chris. What kind of times have you turned with it and what mods have you done to it?
Times are in the sig. You can see my mods on my website (in my profile). I'll e-mail you and we can get together. Sounds like a blast!

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

-Chris

·
Registered
205 Posts
What is your website? I saw the mods in your sig and figured you have done more than that. Just curious as I am building an LT1 for my S 10 right now.

Looking forward to hearing from you. I don't know if you ever saw my old truck when I lived in KC or not. Red 1983 S10 longbed with a built 350 and a white cowl hood. A lot of people called it "the candy cane" This was about 6 years ago. The truck wasn't much but ran mid 12's.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Check out my website at www.fbody.com/members/Chrisbequick/index.htm

The car's major mods are a Comp 305 cam, home ported heads, Mac shorty headers and off-road pipe, intake, exhaust, gears, carbon fiber driveshaft, drag radials, eletric water pump, etc. The car turns decent times for having the stock torque converter, stock ECU program, and restrictive 1 5/8" primary shorties, but she definately has more in her.

I've got a 3000 stall Vigilante converter sitting in the closet to throw in, and after I do that and get the ECU reprogrammed (running the stock program now), and throw an underdrive crank pulley on I hope to hit 11s on the drag radials (should be easy with traction, as the car will turn 111.xx mph throught the lights in full street trim). Wintertime may also see the car get a set of Dynatech stepped longtubes and a 4" Mufflex cat-back. The tranny is slipping on the 1-2 shift and needs to be rebuilt, but mid 11s on the stock short block are not far off.

Eventually, money permitting, I'm planning a low compression/high boost 383 with twin PT52 turbos, an Art Carr 4l60E or Turbo 400 with a Gear Vendors overdrive, and a Moser 12 bolt. I'm shooting for 1100 hp and low 9s on this combo.

The Z28 badges on the fender and the badge on the nose are carbon fiber, so they're hard to make out in the photos.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If your trans tunnel would permit, a 4L80E would be the ticket. Basically a TH400 with an OD strapped on.

I'd say if you do the converter and PCM reburn at the same time, you will crap.

·
The Original A D M I N
18,797 Posts
I have seen the 4l80e in a maro and TA just a tad rework is required, but it can be done.

I have to say that this is a nice maro. You running obdI or OBDII i did not see what year it was.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The car is a '95, so it's an OBD1 car. I have to say that I'm really impressed by the way the car runs with the stock programming. have a Hypertech module for my Power Programmer that has been programmed for a head/cam car, but I'm reluctant to throw it in because the car is so streetable now. Sooner or later I'm going to run it down to the chassis dyno and compare the stock program to the Hypertech.

I'm reluctant to run a 4L80E, as I have yet to see anyone run one in a high power forced induction application. George Baxter ran a TH400 with a Gear Venders unit in his daily driver 4000 pound low 9 second convertable, so I'm looking that direction.

-Chris

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts