S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anybody know how to remove the a/c pump's clutch? I dont wanna brake it. I looked on the net and all i seen was
"special tools" for it.. There has to be a way without buyin even more shit. lol if anybody knows plz reply ... thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
we always use a specific clutch puller, not really any other way to do it without wrecking something unless you make your own tool. as long as the clutch still rolls smoothly, just unplug the compressor and it will simply freewheel. either that or take the belt off.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Does take a special tool that screws into the clutch center with a big bolt that pushes on the center shaft that pulls the clutch. Might be ahead to replace the compressor in the long run anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yeah, our tool has several diffent bolts that thread into the shaft, depending on the compressor, and has a "T" kind of shape on the end with adjustable witdth and prongs that latch onto the clutch groove and pulls the clutch off with a large ratchet... rather simple actually. just dont go trying to bash it off with a hammer and screwdriver or anything like that :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts