S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 S10 2.2l 5spd. I got a new Ac put in and when I first got it didn't shake when the ac was on. Atleast a week later it started to shake when the Ac is on. It does it really bad when I first start it, cold start. Then after driving it and the engine temp is at working condition it stops, just a little bit though. So i was wondering of there is a mechanical issue or an electrical issue maybe? I've read up on it a little and some say it could be the spark plugs or alternator. Any suggestions would help much. Thank you all.

·
Registered
65 Posts
AC charge level is critical. I'd verify it first.
Pull the belt and check all your pulleys for any play, especially the idler tensioner pulley.

My 2000 2.2 labors like a beast with the AC on and it is noisey too, I have to replace the tensioner pulley on mine as it has some play in it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AC charge level is critical. I'd verify it first.
Pull the belt and check all your pulleys for any play, especially the idler tensioner pulley.

My 2000 2.2 labors like a beast with the AC on and it is noisey too, I have to replace the tensioner pulley on mine as it has some play in it.
Ok cool I will check that, yeah its to the point where it wants to shut off. And when taking off on 1st gear it stutters to the point where I can't even get a proper take off and want to shut down.

·
Old Fart
3,871 Posts
Maybe the idle speed is too slow when the AC is on?

·
Registered
‘95 LS 2.2L Manual
101 Posts
Maybe the idle speed is too slow when the AC is on?
My thoughts, also. That or a slight misfire has developed since A/C installation. The comment "when taking off on 1st gear it stutters to the point where I can't even get a proper take off and want to shut down" makes me think it's an engine problem, not an A/C problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My thoughts, also. That or a slight misfire has developed since A/C installation. The comment "when taking off on 1st gear it stutters to the point where I can't even get a proper take off and want to shut down" makes me think it's an engine problem, not an A/C problem.
Yeah I have to give it a bit of gas for it to take of and stop stuttering. Also I noticed as well when I'm in first and about to start going, once I start rolling if I led the clutch go like completely after it starts rolling then I give it gas it don't have issues. So I guess long story short I need some more work i have to do to this little truck. Thank you all for the replies

1 - 8 of 8 Posts