S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
notalifestyle
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cliff notes:my buddy and i get in fight, he says a/c compressor can be used for bags, will fill a 5gal as soon as you start truck..

ok so my buddy was telling me hes going to bag his truck, and one of his buddys (one i never talked to before) that acts like he knows everything about everything says if you hook your a/c compressor up to your air tank for bags, it will fill it as soon as you start the truck. I told him theres no way in hell its going to fill it as soon as you turn on the truck, it might fill it an hour later to 50psi? So what do you guys think about this? Im still kinda new to the baggin world.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ive done this.... the sanden comps on there are fast as hell!!!!! i mean as fast or faster than a york! the problem lies in the oilin and coolin. they will burn up or lock up in about a day. im refering to the stock units, some sanden units can be adapted but require special preoilin units....

si it will work and work super fast, but it will fail super fast

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
fiveinchbodydrop said:
ive done this.... the sanden comps on there are fast as hell!!!!! i mean as fast or faster than a york! the problem lies in the oilin and coolin. they will burn up or lock up in about a day. im refering to the stock units, some sanden units can be adapted but require special preoilin units....

si it will work and work super fast, but it will fail super fast
:stupid: they have less displacement then a york they have half the CFM but hell you can run them FASTER! so it all makes up for it ;)

but for some real numbers...

To fill a 5 gal from 0-150 in lets say 4.5 sec (about what it takes to start your truck)

Would take a compressor that can push..157CFM at 75PSI..... um yea you find me one :p

more realistic is from 110-145 on a 5 gal with a sanden is about 15 sec. so he is exagerating a bit ;)

·
notalifestyle
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DJDAudio said:
:stupid: they have less displacement then a york they have half the CFM but hell you can run them FASTER! so it all makes up for it ;)

but for some real numbers...

To fill a 5 gal from 0-150 in lets say 4.5 sec (about what it takes to start your truck)

Would take a compressor that can push..157CFM at 75PSI..... um yea you find me one :p

more realistic is from 110-145 on a 5 gal with a sanden is about 15 sec. so he is exagerating a bit ;)
lol ok thanks guys, i guess he was sorta right.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
itsalifestyle said:
lol ok thanks guys, i guess he was sorta right.
But that is at almost 7K RPM!! not something you do starting it lol.

·
Registered
645 Posts
my ac compressor fills my 14 gallons of air from 0-210psi in 3min 45seconds thats that with also lifting the car off the ground to ride height

·
notalifestyle
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
saber07 said:
Just tell him he is right and let him learn the hard way :)
yeah i would, but thats mean. also i would be the one helping him do it, due to the fact he owns no tools, and would need to borrow mine.

bagged-regal said:
my ac compressor fills my 14 gallons of air from 0-210psi in 3min 45seconds thats that with also lifting the car off the ground to ride height
but you have a regal right..and that came with a york 210 stock? or no?

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
bagged-regal said:
That is 11CFM at 105PSI what RPM you running it at?

That would have to be in the 4K range... ?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
no your stock a/c comp wont work, itll pump air for like 10 sec before it either siezes up or blows a seal.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
2lw4fthos said:
how tos ruin every thing man if some one posted a how to on this EVERYONE would have them IE look at suicide hood how to
all you need is someone to see the mod and people are going to do it. they dont need a how-to. (i didn't for my suicide hood on my fullsize chevy). But with this, people are going to try it... and they are going to burn their compressers up. A how-to would be nice so people dont **** their shit up

·
Registered
557 Posts
When People talk about a Engine Driven Compresor there talking about a Yourk which IS an a/c comp. The reason you cant use the a/c comp. off of you truck is because the wont get oil. The oil is in the refridgerant of an a/c system. You can use a york because the have there own oiling system. If you tried oiling you stock a/c comp. It would just be putting oil into you tank.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts