S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Nope our compressors use the freon thats in it as a lubricate so the compressor won't freeze up when the clutch engages. I think some of the old fords u can though. Do a search on here for engine driven a/c compressors.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
go to the how to section and look for the YORK how to that I did. It tells you what comp you need and how to do it. You can use your stock comp but you will have to use an oiling system (which is a pain) and then it will only pump about 70-80PSI so it really isnt worth it.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
futuresweets10 said:
go to the how to section and look for the YORK how to that I did. It tells you what comp you need and how to do it. You can use your stock comp but you will have to use an oiling system (which is a pain) and then it will only pump about 70-80PSI so it really isnt worth it.
:stupid: Yea do that instead

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not true... I wont spend the money on a York and I cant be bothered to make all the brackets..

I use AC Compressor on my civic to fill a 12 gallon tank
I use 2x Viars on the prelude to fill a 6 Gallon Tank...

Theres no problem with ac compressor being used.. Just have to set it up properly and lubcriate it properly and also make fittigns to adapt a JIC male fitting onto the compressor so that you can screw in braided stainless line. My civic is a daily driver also,, also you need a pressure switch such as a Furnas with an Un-Loader valve and a check valve with an un-loader port tapped in.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
hey phatz - ur signature graphic is too big..... fix it

I would like to see pictures of this a/c compressor you used, as well as a brand name. There is only one type of A/C compressor, other than the york that I am aware of, that can be used as an air compressor, and that is the Sanden, and they are completely high maintenance, since they do not have an oil sump, like the yorks do. An oiler must be placed at the intake of the compressor, and a filter or two placed after the compressor, and it must be oiled daily, and the filter needs to be emptied daily.

Your standard run of the mill stock a/c compressor in a car won't pump past 60-70 psi, and it will likely burn up, even with oil, because its not meant to perform air compression.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Its a stock 93 Civic AC Compressor.

1. I Do use an in-line oiler [SMC Heavy Duty] and I do use a oil/water seperator also an SMC Heavy Duty one.

I oil it about once a week. So far I have pushed it to 160 PSI without any problems. I am using synthetic air tool oil, I am swapping it to an ester oil when I put the cylinders back in.

I can have pics up once I get my digi cam back from my friend. Hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts