S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I got a 03 lifted Dodge Dakota sport great shape with 193,000 miles on it & a guy wants to trade me a 1999 Chevy S10 Blazer with a 350 swap engine only has 98,000 miles on it body has 189,000 just trying to figure out if it’s worth the trade I know my trucks worth more but idk if it’s worth it I like it just need some help

·
Been there Done it
7,897 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
If it's a well done completed swap and everything functions as it should it's worth considering. More than likely it's probably not anywhere near finished and he wants a truck that he can drive. I've seen a lot of swapped S10's and only 10% are ever finished and done right. Most cases are an older truck engine with a carb and a 40 year old TH350 bolted in and a couple wires hooked up so it can be started. Not necessarily road ready. They usually say it just needs the little stuff finished up. That's where the time, money and know how are needed most.
A completed correct swap will look and sound like it came from the factory with a V8. Loose wires under the hood, half remove A/C, and flex hose to the radiator are all I need to see to walk away.
Post some pics of the engine compartment from a couple angles and a few of the Blazers interior and exterior.
Done right they can be a fun ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts